𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍

"𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍."

𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙽 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝙺, 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾 𝙸𝙻| 𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙸𝙰'𝚂 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

wednesday, november 6th.
8:30AM.

renia rolled over in her sleep her morning consciousness taking over. as she rolling over in her bed she felt a body next to her, slowly opening her morning blurred eyes, to see her nephew sleeping next to her.

"tay'zon, get up we got errands to run," she yawns sitting up, reaching over to shake the younger. "including getting your room together so you can get the hell out of my room."

trez groaned shuffling around out of his sleep, "auntie niaaaaaa," he whined.

"auntie niaaaaa," she mocks. "come on, i'll stop and get us some breakfast on the way there."

"bet. now when we get outside and i don't see no food, i'm jumping out the car." he jokes sitting up and getting of the bed.

"that's one less bill for me."

after an hour or so of the two throwing jokes back at each other, listening to music and running around the nice sized home. they were dressed and off to the furniture store.

while trez was locked up, renia moved to a whole new neighborhood. not wanting the boy to fall right back into the traps of the streets, she had to change her environment.

with the help of her good friend and ex co-worker, cookie. she was to find a place in a decent neighborhood, right next to the elder.

renia takes a sip of her lemonade with her free hand, while the other stirred the wheel. when she finishes sipping, she places the cup in the cup holder and turns down the radio,

"i forgot to tell you," she starts off, this gaining the attention from trez. "your mom wants to see you. so we gotta go."

trez groans loudly, "no, i'm not going to see her," he saw her getting ready to say something and he cut her off. 'i have no purpose seein' her, auntie nia,"

"listen," renia holds a hand up to his face. "you just got back home and she wants to see you,"

"for what? what she gotta offer me but a fuckin' lecture! she ain't my caregiver."

"you're right. she's your mother."

trez huffs laying his head back against the headrest. an uncomfortable feeling of tension brewing up between the two. renia immediately being the aunt she was had to break it,

"look, i know ya og isn't the best person to be around. i been around her half of my whole life. but, you can hold this over her head," she frowns. the younger gives her a look before scoffing, "we talking about the same person? my momma?

"yes, your mother-"

"the boujie drug addict right? the one who had me buying her newports everyday before i went to school? the same person who said, she wish she never had a kid? and you wanna say, she's not the best person to be around?!" his voice laced with fury with every word he spoke.

"tay'zon, you think i wanna see her ass?! cause i don't!" raising her voice to get him to shutup. "so, we both gonna suck it up and act like we wanna be there. okay?!"

"fine," he mutters crossing his arms over his chest. silence now replacing the once tense feeling but quickly, it was erupted by trez letting out a stifled laugh, "you said suck it up,"

her serious face falling flat as she let out a laugh, "shut the hell up!"

𝙱𝙾𝙱'𝚂 𝙵𝚄𝚁𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴, 𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙽 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝙺 𝙸𝙻.
10:21AM.

"we did not come in here for tables, tay," renia groans as she puts her phone back in her purse. trez tables the glass coffee table, "this that rich people shit, auntie! can we get it?"

"what the hell do we need a table for? we have one at home already!"

"okay, but we don't have this one." he says smartly crossing his arms. the young adult stares at him dumbly for a moment, before grabbing his arm, "you gonna be sleeping on the couch if you don't get back here." dragging the younger to the back of the store.

when they get back there, they're greeted by a male salesperson. "hey guys, is there anything i can help you with today?" trez watched as the man's eyes trailed down his aunt's body.

"keep yo eyes on her face nigga!"

"tay'zon!" renia shouts hitting him against his chest harshly. she looks back at the man an apologetic smile on her face, "sorry about that, uhm, we're just looking for right now. thanks."

she grabs trez by his arm once again pulling him further away from the man. "don't start your shit tay."

stomping his feet slightly, "but auntie- you saw how that nigga was looking at you?" pointing in the mans direction.

she swats his hand away, "ah, shutup! when yo ass was gone i was living life,"

"live my as-" but immediately was cut off by renia hitting him upside the head. "shut the hell up and go pick out a bed!" turning his body around pushing him.

she forgot how much of a pain in the ass her nephew was, but she wouldn't trade spending time with him for anything in the world.

✦ ・⎯⎯・⎯⎯・꒷꒦︶︶꒷︶꒦ ♡ˎˊ˗

welcome to do you love me now! hope you enjoy it luvs

welcome to do you love me now! hope you enjoy it luvs. <3