Chapter One

Can I get a kiss? And can you and I stay together?

"Nah." I flipped my pencil and erased that line, not liking how it sounded. "Can I get a kiss? And.. can you make it last forever.." I nodded to myself and wrote it down, my head nodding as I tried to keep the freestyle flowing. "Yeah, 'cause I'm about to go to war, and I don't know if ima see you again." I quickly scribbled the bar down before looking down at the single chorus that had no verse, no bridge, just the chorus. But it was perfect. I could probably fit it into some song but I'd leave it at that for now.

Despite me having a terrible track record with women, and I mean, my baby mama was literally nowhere to be found..

Off topic but even despite those issues, I always seemed to write good love songs. It came easily to me, and call me a hopeless romantic but I did believe that eventually I could find 'the one.' It seemed too harsh of a idea to not believe that your perfect half wasn't somewhere in this world. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

You'd think after having multiple girls leave because of the idea of being a stepmom that it would make me give up on love, but nope. I knew one day she'd come out of nowhere and I'd fall head over heels for her and we'd be happy. Sebastian would have someone to call mom and all would be well. Until then, it was me busting my ass to get more money for this kid.

For someone to have a broke ass parent, he was lowkey spoiled as fuck. At least, as spoiled as he could be.

"Y/n, what's that smell?" I jolted slightly, slamming my notebook shut as the man rounded the corner with a scowl on his face. "You're burning the Pizza!" He quickly pulled the rectangular door open and a flood of smoke washed out, making both of us cough and wave in from our faces.

"I'm sorry, Luther, I just.." With a sigh, he turned around, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

"That's the third pizza this week Y/n, and you started four days ago." I nodded begrudgingly as he pulled the charcoaled pizza out and dropped it onto the metal counter top. And this is where he fires me, isn't it? My first actual job in years and I done already lost it. "Just.. grab an apron, go host. Can you do that for me?"

I nodded quickly and slid the gloves off of my hands. "Yes sir, I can. Sorry again." Rushing myself off, I snatched an apron off of the hook and walked out into the pizzeria. It was a hipster kind of place so, mainly teens and twenty somethings were here.. which made my job easier because I was good with conversing with the youth crowds. Now older people?

The last job I worked was at this oldies diner and the old folks in there hated my ass for some reason. I got a lot of 'go back to your country' and 'this coffee is shit.' But it didn't bother me much. I knew they were just miserable assholes who would meet their deadline sooner or later. Too dark?

"Hey, how can I help you guys today?" I asked a group of 'fun' looking girls who were all on their phones, all but one. One of the main reasons I didn't have one. Couldn't stand those things. Why come out to eat if you're going to be on your phone the whole time? Just eat at home. 

"Hi, Y/n." The phoneless brunette said with a pearly white smile as she read my name tag. "This is our first night in New York and we're trying to do it right. What would you recommend?"

"Oh you came to the right place, then." I said, smiling back as I slid the pencil behind my ear and leaned forward to point at the menu. "To start it off, you gotta get the cheese pizza. Luther knows how to make it really cheesy and shit like that Goofy movie, you know which one I'm talking about?" She nodded, giggling as I flipped the menu over. "But you can't go wrong with pepperoni either so it's really your choice. But I say cheese, all the way."