Chapter Fifteen

I desperately wanted to cancel heading over to Rihanna's, but I knew it would be better for me to get out of the house.

Sebastian went with Kenan to a fair last night and his energy was still on ten when he was dropped off this morning; even to the point where we dragged me out of bed and insisted that we 'go see the sunshine.' That's his way of saying get out of the goddamn house.

I didn't fight him on it and changed into a pair of gray drawstring shorts, white air forces, and a white pro club shirt. Him, being my mini me, decided to dress exactly like me. "We don't have the same hat though." He said, staring at my black NY hat, him wearing a black hat with buzz light year on the front.

I looked at him for a brief second as I drove along the street, my gaze going back out of the window with a chuckle at his pout. "Do you want me to buy you a hat like mine, big guy?"

"No it's boring. You need one like me, big guy." He retorted and leaned over to hit my shoulder.

I smacked my lips and glared at him as he giggled. "Don't make me kick your ass, Seb."

He then playfully raised his hands into fists and flinched at me. "Try me, big guy." I laughed harder but nodded, letting him know I was going to get his ass when he stopped driving. "I thought Shanny was gonna stay with us?" And the pain is back. My left hand tightened on the wheel slightly as I bit into my bottom lip, not knowing how to explain the situation to my six year old son without patronizing the girl.

"Shay and I are.. having an argument." I kept my eyes forward but from my peripheral, I could see his brows pull together in confusion. "So she went back home."

"Oh.. did you stop loving each other?"

"No." I said quickly. "We still.. I still love her, we just need to be alone and think about things, you know? Like when you do something bad and I tell you to go think about it without your games or play time?"

He nodded again. "Yeah. And then I tell you what I did wrong and I say sorry and then everything is okay again. So, Shanny just need to tell you sorry, right?" I smiled sadly, knowing life would be a lot easier if we all had that way of thinking.

"Sure." I said, not wanting to put him in a bad mood, mine was enough to cloud the entire car, I just needed his infectious energy to get through the day.

After following the twists and turns up the hilly path, I came along a black gate with a guard standing in front of it. "Name and gate code?"

"Um.." I looked down at my phone to read the message Rihanna sent me. "It's fifty forty eight, Y/n Y/ln." He nodded and grabbed a phone to dial in. He spoke for a moment and glanced up at me again, then nodding and hanging up.

"You're all clear." He said before pressing a button that opened the gate. I raised my eyebrows and looked in front of me as the black gate cracked open to reveal a long path in front of me that led to a house and.. well..

"Holy shit." I breathed out as I slowly pressed my foot down on the gas to ease in. Why did I even feel bad driving on this damn driveway?

 Why did I even feel bad driving on this damn driveway?