Chapter Eleven

February 14th

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jumping off the walls on the inside. I like to think I was cool but, if there's one person that's gonna keep it real with me, it's my son.

"Hey," I whispered and he looked up from his tablet. "How do I look? I look cool?" He looked me up and down before making a face as he shrugged.

"It's okay." He said, eyes going back down. "You should put on a hat. Your hair messy." I immediately raised my hands to my head. It is a bit frizzy. Damnit. I quickly grabbed my black NY hat and pulled it on, pausing for a moment when I heard a snicker.

I looked up and saw Lewis looking back at me from the rear view mirror. "Did your son just make you put a hat on?"

I shrugged. "He might be six but he has a good eye, I'm telling you." He slowly shook his head, still chuckling deeply. "How much longer, man?" I mumbled to myself as I leaned against the door to look out of the rolled up window, each face not the one I was looking for.

This damn flights been delayed twice already and if I got another notification-

I clenched my jaw when my phone vibrated, probably another notice of the flight being delayed. Looking down, I read the message.

Shay🎨❤️: Grabbing my bags 💩

Why that emoji?

Shay🎨❤️: Don't discriminate against emojis Y/n. It's rude.

I chuckled before sitting my phone down.

"You said a Selena shirt and ripped jeans?" Lewis asked and I nodded, looking up to see him looking out. "Would you like me to get out.. because she's walking this way." I snapped my head back to the window and saw her coming through the doors with dark shades covering her face but I could see her looking around. Looking for me.

"I got it." I said with a nod as I pushed the door open and her head swiveled toward me at the action. Instantly her resting face turned to a slowly growing smile. "I was gonna bring flowers and shit but I remember you telling me that they make you sneeze in closed spaces so.." I reached into my back-pocket to pull out a paper. It was a printed picture of a bouquet of flowers.

He head dropped back as she laughed, still walking forward. "You're so damn cute." She said, letting her suitcase go to raise her arms to slide around my neck. "I missed you." She said in a whisper before leaning forward, her lips pressing to mine softly and briefly.

"Mm.." I hummed, holding her waist as I pulled her closer. "I'm sorry I uh.. I think I need more proof that you missed me because.."

"Shut up." Her eyes rolled but she gave me another kiss, longer this time and I could feel my head filling up like a balloon, my stomach fluttering.

Then, a click. I pulled my head back and turned to the side to see a singular guy holding a camera. It's not as bad as it is when I've hung out with Asap and Tyler but shit, at the airport? "Come on," I mumbled and grabbed her bags, keeping my arm over her shoulder as we walked to the car. Lewis, like clockwork, was out and grabbing the bag from me before sliding it into the trunk while we got into the car.

"Shanny!" Sebastian shouted and I smiled when he dove for her. She laughed softly and caught him with ease while I closed the door.

"Hey Sebby." She mumbled against his head while rubbing his back. "I missed you more than your mom.. don't tell her, okay?" I rolled my eyes as she looked up at me with a smirk.

"I won't." He whispered back and turned to look back at me with a giggle before cuddling into her side as if she was his girl. I stayed on the other side, Sebastian between us as they started to talk damn near the entire ride.