Chapter Nine

Right on the dot, I heard blaring through my ear at six am. I sighed and pulled the pillow over my head with a groan but eventually pulled myself up.

Though I was tired, nerves were coursing through me as I got myself ready for the day. Today, my first official day in the studio under contract. We were going to be discussing what lead single I'd be releasing to kickstart my career and, judging by the three full notebook worth of songs in my backpack, I don't think it'll be that hard to work on it.

After I settled for a pair of black jeans, the new RocNation hoodie I was given, and my timbs, I went back to my room where Sebastian was sleeping. He had his own connected room, of course, but he didn't want to leave my side and I wasn't going to make him.

"Hey papas." I whispered, brushing the small curls out of his face and he released a deep breath, incoherent babbles leaving his lips. "Hey, we gotta get up." I rested my hand on his chest, shaking his little self until he cracked his eyes open. I smiled. "Good morning sunshine." I teased and he groaned while rolling onto his side and cuddling with my leg. "If you wanna come with me and go to the beach, you gotta get up."

"Beach?" He said groggily and looked up with tired eyes. I nodded. "Wait.. beach?!" He quickly shot up and started to jump on the bed with a wide smile. "We go to the beach? Really?"

"Yup. We have to do some business for a while but in a few hours, T is gonna pick us up and we're going to the beach for the first time." His wide smile warmed my heart but now was not the time. I swept my hand out to grab his ankle and tugged it, making him fall flat on his back.

He screamed like a maniac and my eyes widened as I quickly covered his mouth before someone next door thought I was killing his ass. "Sebastian." I whisper shouted and he started to laugh against my hand. "You're insane. Get dressed, loco."

He rolled out of the bed and fished for his clothes— yes, I let my son dress himself most of the time. It's good to learn self expression at his age. When he walked back into my room, I nodded because he didn't do half bad. He chose his jean shorts and a yellow bumble bee Transformers shirt. But he also got these clothes when he turned five.

"You know what else we're gonna do?" I said while lifting him up to sit on top of the desk as I grabbed a brush to fix his bed head. "We're gonna go shopping, but all for you. You can get new clothes, new shoes-"

"New toys?" I chuckled and nodded as he danced to the best of his abilities. "I want a monster truck that- that I can drive."

"Whatever you want." Sitting the brush down, I looked at how long his hair had gotten, especially when it was brushed out. It was nearly to his shoulders at this point. "Do you wanna cut your hair? Or keep it long?"

"Um," he turned to the look at the mirror beside his head and ran his fingers through his hair. "I like it long but only to my shoulders, okay?" I nodded in agreement before tucking my hands under his arms to lift him up, then back to the ground.

"Good choice. I can even give you some braids like mine. How cool would that be? We can twin and everything." He nodded his head quickly before running to the door and standing it front of it impatiently. "I'm coming." I said and grabbed my backpack and my (new) phone before grabbing Sebastian's hands and walking with him out of the apartment.

Downstairs, a black GMC sat outside with a tall ass guy standing outside and I instantly recognized him. "Lewis?" I said and he looked over at me, smiling. "Hey man, good to see you again."

"You too, Y/n. Tyler said you might need a driver and he only really uses me when he's out of town so," he pulled the door open. "Consider me your driver and bodyguard for however long you'll need me."