Chapter Seventeen

I snapped.

"Y/n!" Shay gasped as I rushed forward, my fist slamming into Tyler's nose like it was a punching bag. He staggered back. I advanced.

My next punch was to his stomach and he doubled over for a second, gasping. I wasn't done. My knee raised and it connected with his chin. I figured that would've sent him out but he was strong.

He fell back against the wall and my eyes were seeing red as he lifted his head, eyes wide. "Bro, what the fuck?" He was holding his mouth with one hand, the other raised to me as if it that would stop me.

"I fucking trusted you!" I felt myself yell, the voice unrecognizable to me but I was too far gone to recognize that. "You were suppose to be my best friend—my brother."

His eyes were brown and pooling with tears as if he had the right to cry right now. As if he didn't kiss my girlfriend with the same mouth that called me family.

I should be the one crying right now.

But the tears wouldn't come until I could feel myself again. And right now, I didn't feel anything other than rage.

I stepped forward again. A hand grabbed my shoulder. I reacted. Shay also had a part in this, she wasn't innocent either.

I reacted.

Spinning around, I shoved her away from me harder than I intended. She flew back, her foot catching a rug before tripping backwards into a table. It didn't shatter but her head did get the better end of it.

"Oh, my God." A voice said beside me. I looked at her. Brown eyes. I looked at her on the floor. Blue eyes.

My heart stopped. She looked up, a cut across her forehead that was dripping blood, enough to coat her eyebrow and begin its decent down her eye.

All of the breath left my lungs as she raised her hand, dabbing at the blood, then pulling it down to examine the crimson on her fingers. "Y/n, it's okay." She said immediately, her eyes glazed over as she forced herself to all fours, pausing for a moment. Then she slowly raised up. "Let's go outside and get some air okay?" 

I was on the sidewalk, holding the bloodied cloth as Xavier still whispered for me to breathe on my right. To my left..

My gaze shifted to her as she spoke on the phone, a newer napkin pressed to her eyebrow.

"Dana." I mumbled, grabbing her attention. She looked down, spoke a goodbye into the phone, then immediately crouched down to to sit beside me. My head looked up at her like a puppy would. Shamed. "I'm so fucking sorry." I said, feeling my throat become restricted as I examined the hand on her forehead that was hiding the gash from my view. I knew it was bad though. I knew it was bad because if I was holding the napkin that was no longer white. The entire thing was red.

I wasn't feeling rage anymore. I was crying.

"Y/n, hey, it's okay. I promise it's worse than I looks. I don't even need stitches." My head dropped as she draped her arm over my shoulder, slowly rocking us side to side. "I know you. This wasn't on purpose, okay? It's okay." I couldn't stop crying because I promised myself I wouldn't let myself fall into this pit again.

The pit of darkness and blind rage that made me forget who I was.. who I am.

Dana knew what she was talking about because she didn't need stitches. She still went to the doctor for a checkup, claiming she drunkenly fell on a table when they asked what had happened. They cleaned her cut and gave her a bandage, and sent her on her way with cream to apply.