Chapter Twelve

The next morning, I woke up and Shay was still sleeping so, I wrote a note that I would be in the studio and she could have whatever she wanted in the house.

Quite frankly, it wasn't that much because I suck at grocery shopping, which I planned to do today. So I went to the studio and I've been here.. for an hour. No texts, no calls, nothing, Tyler's ass just stood me up.

Sighing, I leaned forward and decided to just get some music done by myself, even though I wasn't too confident in my producing skills yet. I could do the basics though, like how I could add the live instruments to the recording and how to line stuff up. Things like that.

"Mama I'm bored."

"Me too. Come here." I motioned him toward the studio room with the instruments before I sat behind the drum kit. "Wanna have a jam sesh?" He nodded quickly before running over where I lifted him to sit on my left knee. "Remember when we use to go to Mr. Chan's store and play the instruments? This is a big big drum set but I think you'll still be good. What do you think?"

"I got it, here." He reached for the drumsticks so I handed it to him before I scooted forward to rest my foot on the bass pedal, waiting for his lead. He hit his sticks together three times before started to play a simple but flowy beat on the snare drum. "Bum bum.. bum buuum." He sung, something he usually did when he heard a rhythm in his head that even I couldn't hear. "Mom, a piano." He said and I sat up, replacing him to the stool as I grabbed the electric keyboard and pulled it over. I lowered the stool so he could reach the bass pedal before I nodded, following his lead again.

(Skip to 2:19 and listen to about 4:20. You won't regret it, I promise. That's how Y/n and Sebastian are playing)

I nodded, watching with a smile as he played slowly before looking at me. "Pick it up?" He nodded and I leaned forward to cue him in and as he started to play faster, I did as well. "Yeah, get it Seb."

He started to sway his little head which made his hair shake from its bun. Not gonna lie, my son was a natural at a lot of things but only because I let him be a kid. His curiosity was everything to me. We always use to go to the music store where I'd write songs and play instruments (thanks to the cool owner) and whenever he wanted to learn something, I encouraged him.

A lot of parents in society today push their kids to be something they aren't. I watched parents try to put their kids into piano lessons and sports and push them hard as shit to be the best. They might turn out to be the best but at what cost? The kids sanity? Mental health? I never wanted to be that parent.

So, if he wanted to try drumming, I'd let him, if he wanted to try painting or drawing, I let him, never forcing it. And he latches on to what he wants to do in the moment and I'm okay with that.

Maybe ten years from now he'll despise music and want to be a lawyer. I mean, gross but he'll have my support.

"Can you okay the song I like? By Rihanna?" I nodded my head up and left from the booth to connect my phone to the speakers. Once the song started to play, I heard the door behind me crack open and I saw the devil herself standing there. Not literally the devil but that whole expression 'speak of the devil and he shall app—it's Rihanna, Rihanna is at the door.

"Hey." She said wild with a wide smile and I  raised my arms when she starts toward me, knowing from last time that she was a hugger. I was prepared this time though. "You playing my shit? Trying to steal my lyrics?"