Introduction

Warnings: Y/n's pronouns are she/they/them/daddy/and Zazi (thats a personal meaning that you'll see soon)

For this story to work and for you to fully enjoy it, I need your to do a couple of things for me.

First, take "fanfiction" out of your head. Yes, it is categorized as a fanfiction but when we read with that notion, we expect fast and happy and straight to the point.

This book isn't that.

If you've read my books before, I always enjoy a bit of a challenge but I swear it won't be nearly as Edgy as Too Much or as many near death experiences as Figure It Out.

So, all I ask is that you pretend you walked into Barnes and Nobles, Books-a-Million, or whatever local bookstore you can go to and you so happened to stumble across a book called Can I Call You, Lotus and you figured that it looked interesting enough.

Imagine you don't know who these characters are and you're just here for the ride. I promise it'll be a better reading experience if you have no expectations, especially with this slow(ish) burn book.

Now, if I see any shit talking or complaining during the duration of this book, I'll know you read none of this and I'll silently judge your ass but I won't come and collect you like I usually would. No, I'll just let you look stupid for the readers who did read this and they'll judge you too.

So if you skipped to the end, scroll your happy ass back up.

Anyways, please enjoy, absorb each chapter as if you've never heard of Rihanna or even know if she'll be endgame or not. Just enjoy the ride.
~