Chapter 5

While walking to my locker, I notice that everyone is staring at me. But, in a different way. This time, they look as if they murdered someone I love.

Oh no, what if they know about my dad. I'm dead, once Aspyn hears. Especially Jack.

As I'm walking towards the janitors closet - which is where I like to be when I feel super miserable - Jack shouts my name from the swarm of people coming through the main door. I stop and wait a little, and then I continue to walk. I enter the janitors closet and close the door. Right now, all I want do is sit in the corner of the room and cry. So I do it. I hear someone knocking on the door of the janitors closet. It's most probably Jack. I get up to lock the door when I realize that I left it unlocked. Only, I'm too late.

"Chloe," says Jack as he touches my shoulders and rubs them a little. I give in a little and cry on his shoulders. He hugs me and says, "It's okay. I'm right here."

Then, he motions for me to sit. So, I sit. When I'm finally done pouring out all of my emotions inside of me, I say, "Thanks."

"For what?" he asks.

"For being here for me. I've never met anyone who has ever even cared about me except for my parents."

"Well, Chloe, I do care about you, and I was waiting for lunch period to tell you this. But, heck, I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to tell you."

I look at him, confused.

"Chloe Parker, I - I'm in love with you."

Shock covers my whole face like a blanket. I don't know what to say or what to feel. I'm almost speechless.

"I - I don't know what to say."

"I'll even brake up with Aspyn. I'm thinking of doing it today. I have it all planned out."

"No, don't break up with her."

"Why not?"

"Look, Jack, I like you too. But, we both know how Aspyn is going to react and how this is not going to work out."

"We can make it work."

"No, with your popularity and my, umm, self, it's not going to work out."

The bell rings.

"Look, I'm going to be late. I'll see you during English." he nods and I head of to class.

I was staring at the blank whiteboard, thinking of ways to solve this problem I have. But, nothing seems to pop into my head except the answer to the sixth question on my History exam paper. My teacher was giving us a test that no one was prepared for. But, I some how manage to finish the test and because of that, I get to leave class early. So, I take my chance and go to the janitors closet. Once I'm inside, I sit in the corner and take out my black notebook. So far, the only thing that popped into my head during the last five minutes was what might happen at the end of 'Red Queen'.

Finally, the best rings and I head off to lunch. Today was 'taco Tuesday' at my school so I just had that and some coke to drink. While I was eating, I kept looking at Jack, who was seated next to Aspyn. I wanted to look away as soon as I saw Aspyn, but, I was just a second too long. She looked sad, but also angry. Probably also pissed off if Jack broke up with her. She wouldn't exactly know that it is because of me, but after she caught me looking, she just might know. But, I sure do hope she doesn't.

I finished lunch earlier than usual. So, I decided that instead of going back into the janitors closet to think, I should just walk around the school. I mean, who knows, I might meet someone. Someone who might just help me to think better or something someone who might just become my best friend in the future. It could happen. But then again, it could not.

I stopped thinking and just walked into my English class. Mr. Cory was already sitting at his table, infront of the class. He was early, which is weird, because he's always at least four minutes late. "Chloe. Hi." he says.

"Hi, Mr. Cory. You're pretty early."

"Yeah, well, your going to have to get used to me being early."

"Well, I'm always early, so, I wouldn't mind. But, you might wanna check with the other students who enjoy having a little Party before you come in." I reply.

"So, you join these group of students?"

"Nah, I just sit down and read a book while waiting."

"I see."

"But, it does piss me off because they do have music playing. I like to read in peace. Not, while listening to some retarted version of Nicki Minaj."

"You mean 'EDM'?"

"No, I like EDM."

"Ok."

"Well, I'm going to just sit down and read a book while I can." he nods.

I sit down and take out a book that I am currently reading from my bag and read.

To tell the truth, class started pretty awkwardly. Okay, so, it started with this guy, he came into class - almost breaking the door - with his phone held above his head. He was blasting some loud music from his phone and shouted "LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" then, a few seconds later, he saw Mr. Cory and totally freaked out. I laughed so hard, my stomach hurt. In the end, Mr. Cory sent him to detention and we just continued our day from there.

+ + +

After school, I took the bus to the hospital to visit my dad. I sent my mom a text saying, 'Going 2 visit dad at d hospital. I'll be bck by 5'.

When I got there, I walked to the receptionist and told her that I was going to see my dad. She replied with a slight nod and I walked into my dad's room.

"Hey, dad." I know he can't hear me. But, I just talk anyway.

+ + +

Hey guys! So, I just wanna say thank you to all my followers here on Wattpad for getting me to 100 FOLLOWERS! I can't even believe this is life! I mean, it's only been months. Not years, not decades, but months. So thank you guys so freaking much!

Kay. Bye ®