Chapter 8

When I wake up, my mom knocks on my door telling me to get dressed because I am going to be late for school. As I do, I walk over to my desk and look at the college applications that lay there. I look at the college application that I have been wanting to fill up - Emerson College. The only problem I have is that Emerson College is in Boston. How am I supposed to move to Boston. I mean, I'm not filthy rich or anything like Jack and Aspyn.

Jack.

No, Chloe, stop thinking about him. He doesn't deserve you and vice versa. That is it, there is no arguing about that.

Fine. I'll stop. It's for my own good.

+ + +

"Hey mom." I say, grabbing a grilled cheese sandwich from a plate on the counter top. My mom looks at me with worried eyes and I can tell that she senses something is wrong. What do I do? She can't find out.

"Chloe, what's wrong? You were so happy and cheerful. Now your just wallowing in your room." she definitely knows that something is wrong.

"Mom, nothing is wrong. It's probably just me being stressed about my exams." I reply. Hopefully she will believe me.

"You're right. By the way, your cousin is coming over today and I'm only coming home at ten. I have some extra work to do."

Strike! She believes me.

"Ok. No problem. I'm going to go to school now. Bye."

As I'm walking to school, I notice someone walking behind me. I turn around and see a girl wearing a floral dress and black combat boots. She's has dark brown hair and is probably about my height and age. I leave her alone and see if she is going to be in the same classes as me.

I wait infront of my locker to see where her locker is or if she has any friends. Fortunately, her locker is right next to mine. I turn to look at her and she looks slightly troubled. I wonder why.

A few minutes later, I am walking to class and I hear Aspyn. I turn around and see her picking on the new girl. I run towards them to get a closer look at what she is doing to her.

"Well, look what we have here. Another ugly and fat thing." says Aspyn. I don't know why people are even laughing at that.

"So," she continues, "What are you going to do now, cry? Of course you will, your so weak and fat and ugly." Aspyn moves closer towards the new girl and pushes her hard against her locker, causing her to fall. I can't take this anymore.

"Leave her alone!" I shout.

"Oh, my God. It's the fat ass."

"I said, leave her alone!"

"Do you seriously think that I'm actually going to listen to you?"

"You probably won't listen to me. But I have had enough of you pushing other people around. Not everyone is all rich and 'famous' like you. So stop. Because I do have your secrets even though I might just be a nobody. Also, if I could kill anyone right now, it would be you." I start to walk away, but before I'm out of earshot, I turn around and say one more thing. "Jack was going to dump you for me, by the way."

Feeling satisfied, I walk to class and by then, the bell has rung and everyone has rushed off to class - everyone except Aspyn.

+ + +

As I'm eating my lunch by myself, someone comes up to me. It's the new girl.

"Hi." she says. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

"No, not at all." with a pizza in one hand, I move my bag with my other hand so she can sit down.

"Um, thanks." she says.