Chapter 6

It's a Saturday morning and the first thing I hear is my mom, screaming my name. I would get ready and everything but, I'm too lazy. So all I do is go downstairs in my pajama's.

"Yes, mother? What is so important that you can't let your only daughter get some beauty sleep?" I ask. She motions for me to look at the clock and I see that it is exactly 2 o' clock in the afternoon. Oh...

She hands me a white envelope. What is this? "Go ahead, open it." I open the envelope and find that there is a white card inside of it. OH MY GOD!

"Mom, is this fake?" I ask.

"No, of course not." she replies.

"Who gave this?"

"It came in the mail today morning."

"But, you look like you know something about this."

"Of course I do. He drove all the way here and handed it to me."

"Who?"

"You'll find out."

+ + +

I hate and love my mother at the same time right now. Who could have given this to me?

10:46pm

As I'm studying, I get a text from and unknown number.

'Hey, u get my invitation?'

I reply saying, 'Who is this?'

'Who else? Jack, of course.'

No freaking way! Jack just invited me to a party! but wait, I can't go...everyone will make fun of me. Especially Aspyn. No. I can't go. I thought.

I texted him a few hours later saying that I can't come but, so far, there's no reply. He's probably busy. Being Mr. popular and all.

I got worried because he still didn't reply and I know he will but, he won't take this long. So, I decided to do the most stupidest thing ever. Go to his house.

I left my mom a note saying that I was going to buy some food because I was hungry and as usual, there's nothing to eat in the fridge or in the pantry.

I grab my mom's car keys and drive to Jack's house. The first thing I do once I get there is hope that this isn't gonna be as awkward as my first kiss in 6th grade. Which, was pretty awkward that I had to leave straight away. I knock on his door. No answer. I knock again. Still no answer. I walk to the back and check if the door is locked. It isn't. I try not to walk in but, I'm just so tempted to. So, I do.

Once I'm in, I walk up the stairs. The first thing I see is a white door with a sign on it that says: Jack. I walk toward the white door and open it in the most slowest way possible.

*Gasp*

After seeing what I just saw, I run down the stairs and out the back door without even caring if I make a sound. I run to my mom's car which is parked right outside Jack's house. I drive home at 90 miles an hour. Right now, I don't care if I'm speeding. I just want to go home and cry my eyes out. My mascara is running, but I don't care. I feel betrayed. Angry. Sad.

+ + +

It's Monday again. I slowly walk over to Jack and hand him my invitation card. At first he looks confused. Then he asks, "Why are you giving this back to me?"

"I'm not going." I reply.

"But you have to. It's going to be awesome."

"Trust me, Jack. I'm doing this for a reason." I walk away from him towards my next class which is Physics. I see him running towards me. "What's wrong? Did I say or do anything wrong?"

"Can't answer that. Now, I'm going to be late for class so, bye."

I have a free period now, but, so does Jack. I walk over to Starbucks which is just infront of school and order a caramel latte. I find a seat near the window and start to do all of my homework. I only don't do my Math homework because it's way too hard. When I'm done, I finish my latte and walk back to school.

+ + +

Nothing much happened in school after my little trip to Starbucks. I didn't see Jack and I didn't see Aspyn. Which worried me.

I open the front door of my house and grab my skateboard and skate to the beach.

The beach is the best and only place where I can think stuff out. I sit down on a bench that is closer to the sea and think about what I saw the other night.

I feel cold, so I grab my flannel from my bag and put it on. It's quite a thick flannel. Could even be a sweather. I hear branches breaking frome behind me, so I turn around and see Jack.

"Hey," he says.

"What are you doing here?"

"Look, Chloe, I just want to talk."

"About what?"

"About why your hiding from me? Did I do anything that had upset you?"

"You know what, Jack? Yes. You did do something that had upset me. It still does."

"OK, then, what it is?"

"I saw you. Last night."

"OK, so?"

"You were making out with Aspyn."

His eyes quickly turn from mine and to the ground.

"Oh."

"Don't 'oh' me, Jack. How do you think I feel? Especially after what you said."

"But, Chloe, you have to understand. I didn't want to. She forced me to. I trued to stop her. I even pushed her away."

Lies.

I get up from my seat, as he says, "I'm sorry. I truly do love you."

More lies.

"Look, i'd rather lock myself in my room than waste my time on you."

After saying that, I grab my bag and skate back home, my flannel, almost letting loose with the strong wind.

                                  +   +   +

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter. Also, I'm trying to upload more frequently now. Maybe every Saturday? I don't know. Well, that's it for now. Byee!