???

Holdridge Nevada, West Barrow Highschool, Mid-Autumn the night was warm with a symphony of smooth jazz and pop. The moon hanging high within the cloudless amber sky; the twinkle of stars splashed across the darkening horizon as the sun dipped passed the heavy tree line and all that remained was the moons milky rays.

???

Tonight, the crimson double doors of the cafeteria slide open with ease, allowing the darkly robed figure to slip through. The soft thrumming of rock music barely heard through the thick painted brick walls as leather boots slide and thumped across the pristine hallway. The Chess board pattern of white and black tile the floor beautifully.

Drawing closer to the thudding music. Soft blue eyes land upon the glistening red, pink, and gold streamers that dangled haphazardly from the lockers. Stopping before the set of double doors leading into the gymnasium. The contagious crowd of upperclassman and teachers enjoying the thudding hum of whatever was chosen. Shaking their head, they fixate the vail that covered their features before searching.

Tonight, marks one of twelve moves needed to complete the game. The vail rises a small bit as a wicked smile plays on chapped lips. Stepping down the hall, eyes land upon unsuspecting pawns. A young boy and his partner leaned against one another within the darkness of dark ruby lockers and decorated classroom doors. Planting a kiss to the girls neck the boy unlocks one of the classrooms, discarding the key out in the open as they fall inside.

'Perfect...'

Mind racing with possibly idea's, a black gloved hand swiped up the key and moved to wait by the door leaning to get a peek through the small slit. Pulling a small, twisted dagger from within a hidden compartment of their sleeve. Before slinking into the room, ducking from view the two continue their own dance towards the teachers desk as grip loosened and tightened repeatedly around the tar black handle.

Feeling that tingle of anticipation pull at their very soul, they moved into action. Swiftly burying the blade into the boys back making him hitch up as pain flooded his system. The girl on the other hand scrambled back in shock a scream pulling from her throat as the blade tore down his back twisting the metal with a sickening crunch before pulling it free with a splatter of beautiful crimson. Reaching forward they placed their hand over her glossy lips muffling any other piercing screech that dare draw from her, and pushing her off the large oak desk.

Throwing her to the floor she tries to pull herself to her feet in vain scrambling like a cockroach to light, as thick leather boots moved to stand above her. Pinning her by the nap of her neck against the cold floor the crimson pool that came from the boys body begun to soak the fray of her dress. Her partner trying as he might to pull himself towards the door. Lifting the blade, the light from her eyes fades ever so slowly.

Before dropping her flooding throat to the floor, they walk over to the boyfriend or supposed boyfriend their was no reason to truly know who their pawns where all they needed was to fall. His breathing heavy he tried to slide across the floor face scrunching as the blood pooled slowly around him. 

Out of the corner of their eye their heart fluttered and before they could stop themselves a childish wave pulled from their body before finishing the boy with several jagged stabs. Breathing soon becoming heavy, dizzying experience they finally came to a stop with a soft smile playing at their lips. Getting to their feet the robe now stained in crimson as they run their hand over the vail of their hood. Letting out a soft chuckle, they turn taking the bottom of the robe off the ground and walking away. 

The job was done, and the thrill was just beginning licking at their veins like a burning ember. One move done Twelve more to go, and all that will be left is beauty of the game a beautiful end.