Jamie

Time had flown by, the school day ending as fast as we got there the bell tolling and sending a sea of students out into the parking lot and bus lot. Hopping down the steps, my hand grip tightly to the sleeve of my jacket as I drag Olivia out the front doors.

"So?" She mumbles questionable, "Where are we going?"

'I hadn't really gotten that far... I just really wanted to get out of this hellhole and do anything really.'

Shrugging my shoulders, I continue to pull her along. Reaching my black and purple hearse a present from my father when he got a new one for his work. Letting the sleeve go Olivia strides around to the other side, jumping up slightly in a vain attempt to slide across the hood. Staggering a bit as her feet touched the ground once more.

"When you fall and bust your face open, I am giving you the fair warning, I'm going to laugh at you before helping at all." Huffing she reaches the passenger side door a loud click of the lock sounds. Popping open the driver side door Olivia pulls herself inside only taking seconds to make herself comfortable, stretching within the seat as I duck down inside.

"So, any clue to where you're taking me?" She finally says, turning to me as I rev the engine and split out the parking lot, a few other kids here and there rushing towards their own vehicles to escape today's stupidity. For a long moment, we sit in silence as my brain wracks around what we could possibly do in our tiny town.

"What about that thrift store across the street from the pharmacy? I heard it got a new shipment of old creepy books you might like?" The snort that comes from my right makes a smile split across my face. "Is that a yes?"

"Hell yeah! Bring on the creepy books! Better then real-life creepy shit." She mumbles the last bit as I turn onto the main road, passing the police station in record time the pharmacy and thrift store are quick to roll up in sight.

Pulling into an empty spot, I turn to face her locking the door so she couldn't weasel out of this conversation even if she wanted too.

"Are you going to be, okay? You already know that this is a tiny ass town, so the shit ran like wildfire. But you worried me a lot to be honest." Blinking owlishly at me, she takes a moment to register what I even said before a soft smile hits her face.

"Yeah, you know all those books I read never really do prepare you when you see the actual thing. Still plays in my mind. The looks on their faces but I you're a pretty good distraction." She admits a weight seeming to come off her shoulders as she lays her hand on my arm. "Now come on! We have books to find!"

With that, I shake my head and unlock the doors. Stepping out into the surprisingly busy sidewalk. Olive throws the sleeve up making me catch it before walking ahead. The bottom of the coat dragging against the concrete as we step inside the thrift shop.

"Hi, Welcome to The Weird and Freaky if ya need anything just- Olive! Marie! Hello lovelies!" An older man about early-forties steps out from behind the counter dressed in a very colorful laid-back attire. His arms outstretched he engulfs both of us in a hug, nearly taking me to the floor in the process. "I missed you both so much. So, happy to see you both okay." Releasing us from the death grip, he back up hands immediately going to Olive who holds a soft smile to his check over.

"Were okay Andy thanks though. I needed that." Olive chuckles as he pulls her into another hug. Taking a moment before releasing her and taking the sleeve, pulling her along to her favorite section of the store.

"We got a new shipment in yesterday and my dear you will love what I saved for you." Confusion and excitement dances across her face as she is pulled along, I tag behind them as we move through the strange assortment of gothic apparel. Stepping into one of the aisle's, Andy disappears with Olive in tow. Running my hands over the rack of dark and colorful button ups a voice pops up behind me.

"Pretty good style they got here. Do you work here by any chance?" The voice is a tad bit to cheery for my liking as I whip my head around to look at them. I could almost return the question back to his darkly dressed form, a crooked tooth smile upon a freshly cut beard.

"Nah, but I can get the owner for you." I motion with wave of my thumb towards where Andy and Olive rushed off to, but he just shakes his head, placing his hands in his pockets he turns to leave.

"No thanks just curious is all." He mumbles, shrugging his shoulders and moving towards the front of the store.

'Weird...' Was the first word to pop into my head as soon as the man was out of sight and the soft chime of the bell above the door sounded. Walking towards the back another thought final struck me. 'Wait a minute? When did he come in?' There was no chime sound unless he had been in here before we were which, would be impossible or Andy would have stayed up front to watch him. Humming in thought Olive rushes over to me with a large tomb in her hands.

"GUESS WHAT!?!"

"What?" looking down at her jumping form a smile crosses my face.

"You got to guess!" She proclaims, holding the book to her chest like a five-year-old with candy.

"Alright, Alright. Let's see..." Placing a finger to my dark lips I can't hold back the laugh that comes from them as she pouts. "New Mystery Novel? Or a new Demonology book? More the second one then anything." The pout immediately rises as she turns the book around, so the cover is revealed. 'Demonology always Demons.' Shaking my head, I take the book from her and skim the front and back over.

"See, I told you I had something good for your collection." Andy laughs over his shoulder walking passed us to the front. Following close behind, I hold the book loosely in my grasp. Olive is quick to take it back and run up to the front before a gasp hits my ears. Looking up from the floor my eyes widen. Within the shop blood as been smeared all over the floor and windows in a sick display, within the middle leaned haphazardly against the front door is a young girl about our age, dark hair tied messily in a braid over her shoulder. Eyes had been gouged out and long cuts litter her neck.

Buts that when my eyes land on the name tag, and the familiar emblem on it. 'Jeanna M.' Manager head written in cursive. I can hear Andy calling the police as Olive backpaddles backwards into me, turning to hide herself form the sight soft mumbles coming from her.

"Not again. Not again."

            'What the hell is going on with our town...'