???

Finishing positioning everything into its desired place, the sound of voices catches my attention. Ducking under the door, I can hear a mans thick accent grumbling to himself. Looking towards the large windows the brisk morning light has started to make itself known.

'Dammit, morning has come to early.' I curse fixing my dark robes as I open one of the windows. Dropping out onto the wet morning dew, I swiftly make my way to the other side. Stopping only when a young girl about 15 or 16 steps out of the building. Watching her as she walks over to the red truck, opening and climbing in I make the dash across the road and into the forest.

Ducking behind a tree I look back towards the girl who freezes turning to look around as though she knows I was watching. She could be an easy piece to our puzzle but before I could make any commitment she dashes into the building. Hitting the tree my phone chimes familiarly.

"Hello?" I am quick to answer as a deep voice rings into my eardrums.

"Has it been done?" The owner asks patient all but gone within their cool voice. Letting out a sigh I respond voice slightly shaken.

"Y-Yes sir, things are going according to our game. We shall bring forth the end very soon." He hums before the line goes dead, no more to say I let out a bought of air I had been holding fear trickling like a waterfall of goosebumps. Falling back into the closest tree, my heart nearly jumps from my chest as police sirens all but fly passed me. Looking back behind the tree, time hadn't fazed me as I pull my sleeve back to reveal a leather-bound watch.

"Why must such things happen to me..." I grumble as several people step out of the building, one being the same girl from what only felt like moments ago. But her face is paler, her eyes glued to the concrete as they get into the truck.

Pulling from the lot our eyes met for only a second, making my heart jump I swiftly move behind the tree. My better half would kill me if we were found out this early. The game has only started and we already have a small wrench within the cogs. Pulling out a small worn-out map I check something before making my way deeper into the forest.

One piece down several more to go. I wonder if this will become a problem.