Olivia

Watching Andy leave, I feel Jamie's hand clasp over my shoulder. I feel as I did the first time I saw this, heart racing a mile a minute as I shuffle forward. Reaching her truck the same strange tingling sensation wraps against the back of my head pulling me back a bit and making Jamie look up from where she was halfway into the driver seat.

"You okay?"

"Ya, ya just... give me a second would ya." She nods as I take a step back from the hearse and start looking around nothing seemed out of place at first but as the feeling kept nagging at the edge of annoying I turn and make an erupt stride back to the store. Jamie pulling herself from the driver seat to follow.

"Hey what's going on?"

Striding passed the shop the pull seems almost intoxicating until the now familiar stench of rot decks me in the nostrils. "Dammit." I curse eyes beginning to water as two bodies come into view, an older couple this time, both about in their near eighties by the look of them both sadly eviserated beyond facial recognition.

"Holy shit!" Jamie shouts backing up her gloved hand grabbing my wrist and wheeling me back. "We got to-"

"What's that?" My eyes immediately move from the poor souls and to what looks to be a book, bound in scrunched up worn leather. Cautiously I step over spotting quickly the blank cover upon the front, nothing but use upon the thick novel.

"Here." Jamie holds out some rubber gloves over my shoulder, and I take them with a small nod and obvious confusion. "Like my old man says 'Got to be prepared for anything.'" She explains, as I pull the gloves on and grab the novel. "Should we?"

"No...not yet." I blurt out suddenly making Jamie jump as I turn to face her. "I-I want to look at it first." I continue watching as Jamie's shoulders drop into a relaxed state before nodding a look I couldn't place came and went.

"Alright. lets get out of here for the cops show up then." Grasping my arm she pulls me back the hearse letting me go so that I could round it into the passenger seat. Getting in curiosity wraps my mind like an anaconda with prey delicious and inevitable. "Are you alright?"

"Ya just curious is all..."I retort with quick glances.

Pulling from the parking lot we slow to a crawl as flashing red and blues tear passed us. Watching them with baited breath they whip around the corner towards the front of the store there sirens loud and whaling as we pull from the lot and towards my house.

"Do y- " Jamie starts but I quickly cut her off as we pull up the road into the driveway.

"Do you want to come in."

Nodding she turns the engine off and we step out the humidity in the air becoming apparent almost cloaking us as the roaring symphony of thunder rolled in with thick dark heavy clouds.

"Fitting." Jamie mumbles as we make our way inside reaching the front step I dig my keys out of my skirt pocket and unlock the door the soft rise of classical music pooling into the small foyer connecting the living room, kitchen, the basement. Making our way upstairs we enter my room, falling back onto my comforter a sicking feeling starts to dig its claws into my stomach,

"Olivia?"

"Ya..." Sitting up a bit Jamie falls back into my bed bouncing a few times before settling herself, her face hidden as her shoulders sat tense.

"What is happening to our town?"

The question was like a bomb explosive, unimaginable. I could barely think of an answer as silence quickly forked between us. Until at last only one thing came to mind.

"I don't know..."