Olivia

Through the next day and a half, between my phone being blown up by my best friend Jamie and the burning image of those two posted up as they where. Sleep became a second option in my mind. Feeling to tired to move but too nauseas to get up. That is before a knock made me look to my bedroom door. Opening ajar Officer Henderson steps inside.

"Hey kiddo, how you feeling today?" He asks as he walks over to my computer desk, taking a seat on the dark blue swivel chair.

"Like someone is hitting me in the face with a baseball bat on repeat." I answer, throwing my covers over my head as he hums.

"Understandable kid, but you got to get up. If I know one thing and one thing only you can either sit here and give yourself a bigger headache, or go to school and distract yourself with something more productive. I-"

"I know, I know..." Sitting up I throw the blanket off and throw my legs over the edge of the bed. "I can't let this effect me... But what if you can't catch him?" I grumble the last bit as Henderson leans back in the chair.

"If I don't I know you probably be stubborn enough to do it." He replies with a chuckle against his words. "Your as stubborn as your old man and silver-tongued as your mother, if you can't help me catch him no one can." The smile on his face is one of reminiscence as he places his hands on his knees and moves to push himself from the chair. "Now get dressed. I'm taking you to school today."

Nodding, I give him a mocked salute as he leaves my room. Closing the door behind himself, I plop backward into my sheets.

'Can I really help? He's got to be pulling my leg...' Getting back up, I take a quick shower and change into a white button up, dark navy jeans, and a ashy-brown worn sweater. Slipping on my socks and sneakers, I swipe up my phone and pack before heading out of my room. Down the stairs stands Henderson whispering something into his walkie-talkie before looking up at me.

"Well don't you look like a million bucks." He jokes making his way towards the front door as I hop the stairs. Shaking my head, he locks the front door behind us and walks me to his issued vehicle, a navy blue cruiser with tinted back windows. Climbing inside, he revs the engine and without another joke or word we leave my house behind.

Reaching the school a good thirty or so minutes before the bell was set to ring for first block. Students from all grades hang out between the gym and outside sidewalks, some in the grass while others sit at the designated picnic tables. Pulling into the drop off zone, some heads turn to look at me as I step out.

"Thanks Uncle Henderson."

"No problem kid just call me after work, it'll either be me or the rookie to pick you up." He instructs with a smile. Closing the door, I nod and turn to face the crowd of whispering students. My stomach becoming knots as I grip my pack sleeve in a vice grip, walking through the crowd and to the gym a thankful voice catches my burning ears.

"There you are Olivia, why haven't you returned any of my text? I was worried sick!" Turning to the voice, a dark chestnut skinned girl walked over to me, towering me by a few good four or five foot, Jamie Hook glares me down a hint of worry within her dark eyes, her gothic style something to behold in a small town such as this, she folds her arms over her chest giving an almost mocked glare.

"Hey Jamie, sorry I just had to be alone for a while." I explain as she places her arm over my shoulder, leading me from the nosey crowd a sneer on her face as we round the corner. Quickly as it came the sneer was replaced by the worried look.

"Well, send me a text anyway. Thought you were pulling something stupid, and that isn't you." She retorts pulling me off my feet and into a hug.

"Next time I will." I put my arms around her before letting go to be placed back on my feet. "So, anything special happen to you over the weekend?"

"No, it's been a serious bore fest with the my brother working and the old man preparing for the worst." She responds rolling her eyes. "So, besides that 'thing'" She air quotes, "What did you do this weekend?"

"Nothing really. Just kind of laid in bed all day. Couldn't really sleep."

"Understandable." Jamie retorts as she leads me towards the gym. Stepping inside the whispers of theory had already begun hitting the crowd like a wave. Finding a spot to sit, we get into a comfortable silence. "So, you doing anything this coming weekend?" Jamie cuts the silence never pulling her eyes from the bustling group that in hush whispers point and shuffle together.

"She's probably going to kill someone else!" Someone yells suddenly ahead of us, cutting the gym into dead silent as without warning Jackson Cooper stomps his way over to us. "Knew the freak title wasn't their fit, Murderer is more like it." He remarks stopping in front of us a smirk on his pompous face.

"Shut your fucking mouth Jackson or I'll shove my fist so far down your throat you'll be spitting up teeth for weeks!" Jamie shouts standing from the bleachers. Between the two of them Jamie at 6'3 towers Jackson by only 3 inches. In a bout of strength though Jackson could possibly win. But as he goes to side step Jamie, she pushes him backwards. "Back it off Pig head!" She shouts, making Jackson turn his undivided attention to her.

"Alright Bitch now we got a problem! Don't ever put your hands on me I can fucking ruin you!" He boasted but luck seem to be on our side as Coach York made an appearance grabbing Jackson by the shoulder and whispering something in his ear. "Fine..." The word was reluctant as he turns away, a moment he looks back he makes a cut-throat gesture before disappearing into the crowd of now rushing students. The bell ringing only a moment later.

Walking back over Jamie grabs her backpack, looking down at me for a moment as my eyes went from Jackson retreating form to my hands shake. Jamie's hand takes mine making me look at her.

"Don't listen to Jackson he's just an asshole. Now come on we got first period to get too."
    Nodding she pulls me along, my chest the entire way hurts as though a hand has grasped my heart within a vice, Making my head spin, Jamie gets me to first period without blacking out. Taking my seat a few of the people around us move there desks away before the teacher steps in. His hair disheveled, and a tired look on his face as he takes his seat.

"Morning class, shall we start this mid-semester with less of a bang. On your desks will be your syllabus for the rest of the year. I hope you can get through this with no more incident." He sighs running his hand over his face as I look to the syllabus.

Pretty easy stuff for the end, maybe this year will go by with ease. That's all I can hope for.