Chapter 25 | New Acquaintance

Three days

Three days

Three days has passed since i told Matteo I loved him, he never said it back nor did I expect him to. His sister has been very vocal with how stupid he has been acting, then the plan was explained to me. The idea of faking his death wasn't simple and pulling it off wasn't the easiest either yet they managed to do it. The new has spread of his death whoever the entire Italian Mafia knows the truth. The secret won't last long, none of us expected it too.

But the idea was to buy us some time to figure out this entire Carter mess. Mat has been laying low in Cuba with the guys for the past few days. Why I couldn't join him I will never know. But the news broke this morning that Matteo Romano is indeed alive, he never passed his  role onto his brother, he continued running the under world, it was only a matter of time.

But what did confuse me was that I am sure for a fact he was avoiding me. Alessia and Lucinda seems to think that I am over reacting but who reacts the way he does. I simple ignored the pain in my heart and continued with my day. Mat would have to face me one way or another I live in his house. His cuban vacation cant last forever. Him and I knew this.

Thats when my my train of thought is broken with laughter and the barking of a dog. I climb off my bed walking towards my bedroom door. The voice that follows causes the hairs on the back of y neck raise and I shiver knowing he's here. I know he is.

I swing the door open, slight excitement filling yet some what I am nervous to see him. Three days is a long time, normally he is in Rome or Angels for a few hours, the longest was two days yet this. This has been a challenge. I don't have a phone so the only information o have form him is through Alessia gossiping.

I skip through the halls in simple a pair of bed shorts and a tee. I have my fluffy socks on which Mat seems to hate yet I don't care. I reach the stair case and my heart jumps at the sight of him, he and his friends are stood in the door way.

I waste no time at all as I begin running down the stairs, catching everyone attention they turn to me especially Matteo as a smile tugs at his lips. I run down the stairs, yes run. He stands with his  arms open as I jump into them, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

I bury my head into his neck, I take a deep breath as I finally feel like I can breath again. Like truly take a deep breath. He does the same as he rests his hands on my ass holding me up. I pull my head from his neck and my eyes lock with his. I haven't decided if I am happy to see him or a little awkward for how he left.

"Can we go out for lunch?"Alessia asks as she slips her foot into her flats. I turn to Mat who shake his head to me and I sigh. However everyone else seems to think it's an amazing idea. They begin to bid us their fair wells as they pile out the house leaving just Mat and I in the entrance. Still with my legs wrapped around him.

"What just happened." I ask trying to process how quickly that all just happened. He shrugs his shoulder placing me on the floor. I shuffle through into the kitchen as he stand in the same spot, I turn to look over my shoulder . His thumb and index finger rolling his bottom lip as he looks at me, more specifically my ass.