Chapter 36 | The Felling of Losing one

"Matty

"Matty." I squeeze his hand as he slows the car down, we have been driving for hours, no roads seem familiar or show any form of life as we pass down the country roads. The longer we are in the car the more angry Mateo seems to be becoming.

We are miles, hours even away from Rome yet the situation at hand is still a fresh wound and we are both in either shock or disbelieve of what just occurred. I was simply enjoying a ham sandwich until she pulled a gun on me, cheeky sod I was the one who told her to stay.

"Mat pull over." my voice is quiet and shake as this is the first time I have spoken in Horus. like breaking a new seal on a ketchup bottle, my voice is horse.

"Mat" I repeat and within seconds the car jolts to the side as he comes to an abrupt stop. Nothing but fields surround us, trees and the smell of freshly cut grass grace me as I open the car door stepping out. Mat does the same on his side as he slams the door shut.

We haven't spoken a word. Not a single word until I agreed to marry him, he said I deserved a real proposal, whatever the hell that means. Then we ahem been in silence, he has spoken on the phone to his brother however that was all in Italian, a string of cursed hush came from him lips in a rushed tone as he spoke into the receiver on his phone.

I stand on my side of the car as he does on his, I begins walking slowly to the front and he watches me, my every move. Every step is taken and calculated In his brain s his eyes watch me, like a mother watching her baby bird he chuckles looking at the floor.

his tongue runs along his teeth as he delves his hands into his pockets pushing his suit jacket behind him slightly. I walk over to him and he steps back, a painful feeling racks through my body as o watch him step further away for me.

"Whatever." I spin back round walking towards my side of the car but before I know it I am pinned against the hood of the car with his hands either side of me as he cages me in. Travelling my eyes up his chest, I shiver was the meet his face, looking into his eyes I down see anything beyond the hooded darkness in them.

"Mat let me go." I shiver due to the breeze or the card gaze in his eyes, i'm not quite sure which it is. His left arm lifts up and I walk past him back round to my side and climb inside without a word. I let out a sigh before he climbs back in, this time his jacket in his hand as he slams the door shut.

"You cant do this." I huff. He looks at me and I sigh, "push me away every time something goes wrong, hours ago you promised to deal with issues together and you're out here with your anger as it was my fault." I sigh leaning back against the chair, he sighs leaning over covering my lap with his jacket.

"Im sorry, Gia. I just don't wanna lose you ever, your my everything and today someone pointed a gun at my everything. This is the second time this month the feeling has passed me and I get the feeling it certainly wont be the last." he huffs and I sigh with a smile.