Chapter 38 | A Confession Of Love

I shuffle on his lap as I turn to Giovanni, "Your ordained, you marry us

I shuffle on his lap as I turn to Giovanni, "Your ordained, you marry us." Mateo ask and Giovanni's eyes widen. We sit in the dining room, food and cutlery everywhere yet somehow I am happy. That this is the way I want to become an official Romano, well until we have the church wedding.

"You serious about this." Giovanni asks in disbelief and we both nod out heads as we look at one another, I cross my legs on his lap and his hand slides down my thigh rubbing small circles with his thumb.

"Save the vows for the church wedding yeah?" He asks and we both hum, turning our attention to him. "Ok well you ready." he asks, whiskey in hand true Giovanni fashion.

"Dearly beloved." he says looking around the table to realise that the three of us are the only one here, "we are gathered here today to witness the union between Gianna Ramirez and Mateo Romano." I smile leaning my back against his chest and he chuckles into my ear.

"You're crazy for suggesting this." he whispers in my ear.

"And you're crazy for going along with it." I reply then turn my attention back to Giovanni.

"So do you Mateo Romano take Gianna to be your wife." Gio asks. "In sickness and in health, for rich or poor. Blah blah blah"

"I do."

"Do you Gianna take Mateo to be your lawfully wedded husband." his voice is slightly more emotional than I through as he watches us, my eyes are on Mateo though. Trained to him as I feel like I am being sucked in and falling deep and deep.

"I do." I reply, this time my voice croaky as I feel my eyes begin to water. I never thought I would be getting married in some chatotue in Paris while his family argue around us but somehow this seems fitting for us. Fitting for our stories to join in the mist of chaos.

"With the power invested in me I pronounce you Man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Gio says and I turn to Mateo.

"I still get a white dress wedding though right." I ask and he nods his head smiling.

'I still get a bachelor party right." Mat asks and I nod my head.

"Just kiss." Giovanni huffs before taking a sip of his whisker, we ignore him and I look into his eyes.

"I love you." I whisper as we come closer and closer together.

"And I love you, Gianna Romano." with that our lisp touch and everything seems right int he world. The firmness of his lisp pressed against my soft ones caused the electricity in my veins to travel through my body and the heat straight to my core.

I pull away and look him in the eye and place a kiss on his cheek. "you know, that was single handedly the most trashy thing you will ever do but somehow it was fitting." Giovanni says standing from the table.

We both laugh while ignoring his comment, I take his hadn't in mien and drag the ring we once bought on a market together, off his middle finger sliding it onto his ring finger.