A Lying Witch and a Warden

((Y/n)'s POV)

I was helping Eda out with her stand today. I never really liked the market but I don't want certain people to recognize me so I have my hood up most of the time.

"Finally, you're back." I look over to see that  Owlbert had come back out of the tent with his sack of 'human treasure's. "Now let's see. What we've got here" Eda thinks most of it is garbage until she found some glasses that had the eyes come out on springs, she claims they will make her rich. I laugh a little.

Eda then pulls out A Good Witch Azura book. She looks over to me "hey kid you have this one already right?" I nod. "Then this will make good kindling." Eda holds the book over a candle.

Suddenly a girl who looks about my age jumps out of the tent. Wait her ears it can't be. Is she human? She grabs the book out of Eda's hand. "Excuse me, sorry, it's mine, thank you."

The girl runs back into the tent. Eda follows her in. I peek through the tent to see what was going on. I see the portal door fold up and disappears. Eda holding the portal key.

Eda takes off the glasses "You're not going anywhere"

The human panics and shoves her Azura book into her bag and runs out the back of the tent. Eda goes after her. I decided to stay behind with the stand.

Eda comes back and sets the girl down on a stool. Poor girl looks really frightened.

"I'm so sorry! I just wanted my book! If you're gonna eat my skin, just make it quick! Just do it now!"

Eda laughs a little "Eat you? Why would I eat... a potential customer?" Eda shows off the stand and the human opens her eyes. "Can I offer you a human foot filled with holes?... A bar of green human candy? Oh, oh! How about this black shadow box that reflects only sadness? Eda holds the box close to the girl's face.

The human looks at Eda and giggles "That's not all it can do. Here, let me see it." the human takes the tv and grabs something from the 'Human candy' dish. She puts whatever she took in a compartment in the box then presses a button. A strange video with a smaller human dancing starts playing with loud music."Voilà!"

I look up and see many of the people from the market stop what there doing to look where the sound was coming from.

"Huh?"

"What's that?"

"The sound‐‐ it's so alluring."

There is now a crowd forming at Eda's stand. I decide to go into the tent not wanting to be in the crowd. I can still hear everything that goes on outside.

"I'll pay 40 snails for the screaming box!"

"I'll give you a hundred!"

"Can I eat the tiny person inside?"

The crowd continues biding for the box.

"What did you say your name was?" I hear Eda ask. I peek my head out of the tent so I can look at the two.

"I'm Luz. Luz Noceda." She says happily

Eda takes some money out of someone's hand while still looking at Luz "Well, Luz, that was pretty clever... for a human."

Luz looks at Eda confused "That's kind of a weird thing for another human to say."

"Oh, dear child," Eda takes off her bandana to reveal her pointed ears. "we're not like you" Eda grabs my hand and pulls me out of the tent. She then climbs on the table. "I'm Eda the Owl Lady, with her trusted partner, the most powerful witches on the Boiling Isles!"