Covention

((Y/n)'s POV)

We are at Eda's Human Collectibles stand. She is currently dusting the table, looking bored, while Luz is reading the first Azura book to King. From what I'm hearing there at the part where Azura is facing off against Hecate.

"Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, 'I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!' And look! I drew a flipbook." She flips between two pages. "Pew, pew, pew!

"Show me the picture," King says while peeking over the top of the book.

"What?"

"Show me the picture!" Luz does show him "Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists."

"Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?" I teased King.

"Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!" King says.

"Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book," Luz says

"Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!" Eda says

"Um, Eda?" I look around to the empty street "What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?" I ask Eda

"This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today."

"Luz!" Gus and Willow run-up to the stand "Something amazing is happening today!"

"Gus, Willow! Hey!"

Willow holds up a flier "It's the annual convention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!" Willow trails off as she looks at me like she had just seen a ghost. Gus then looks at me too with the same shocked expression.

"(Y/n)?...I've never seen you with your hood down," Gus says and realization struck me. I immediately pull my hood up.

"Wait a Covention, like A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?" For once thank you Luz for taking the attention.

"Absolutely not." Eda says Luz groans, drops to the ground "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system."

"Mmm." Willow drops the flier

"Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls."

"'We'?" Luz asked

"I-- the-- I mean--"

Luz pops back up "Who's 'we'? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!"

"No."

"Okay. Then you leave me no choice."

King grabs the book "'You shall not shan't doeth no more harm,' Azura called out..." he continues reading.

"So flowery, so awful," Eda complains, I giggle a bit at her reaction. Eda walks away, opening the Portal Door and stepping through it.

"Hecate could only screech, screech as did she, for the screeching did worsen." Luz tosses King through the Portal as it closes. It opens a second later, Eda coming back through with King sitting on her head.

"Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!"

"Oh no I know where this is going"