Once Upon a Swap

((Y/n)'s POV)

We are at Eda's human collectibles stand in the market. King is jumping on the table, trying to grab a flag hanging above him.

"Weh!" He falls off the table "Stupid flag!"

Just then Luz walks in carrying a ladder and a wooden sign "It's been a little slow around here, but I've got just the thing to attract customers." She puts the wooden sign on top of the "HUMAN COLLECTABLES" sign and taps it, activating the light glyphs carved into it "And who doesn't like their name in lights?" when the sight is fully illuminated, a winking face of Eda appears.

"Uh Luz I don't think Eda is going to like this"

"Why? Is it too subtle?"

"Does subtle mean ugly?" We both turn to the source of the voice and come face to face with Boscha, Skara, and an Oracle track student who are standing at the stand.

"Hi, Boscha! Hexsidians! See anything you like?"

"Ew! No. I'm just here to take an ironic Penstagram next to your weird flashing trash sign." She summons her scroll and takes several pictures.

"It's not funny Boscha."

"What are you going to do? Spit your human venom on me? and you, your not even brave enough to show your face in public."

"You have venom? Quick, Luz, start melting faces!"

Luz kneels "Even if I could, it's not worth it. You wouldn't understand how to handle teens like her."

King grabs her hood "No, I'll show you what to do." He grunts, jumps onto the table "You will tremble before me!" The three teens stare at him.

"Oh, he's so cute!" She hugs King and summons her scroll, taking a picture with a filter.

"Weh!" He then shoves her face.

"How much? I have to own him."

"Nope not for sale," I said

King frees himself. "And even if I was you couldn't afford me, sister!"

"Aw!"

"That's the incorrect reaction!"

Eda pops her head out from the tent and sniffs. "I smell an easy mark." She then jumps out of the tent "Hey, kid! Can I offer you the latest fashions from..." she magically dresses herself in horribly clashing clothes "the human realm?" I try hard to contain my laughter.

"Yeah, no." Skara and the Oracle track student laugh as the three of them leave.

"Well," Eda returns to her normal outfit "I hate her."

"Yeah, teens can be sour, but I'm a little sweetie. Look what I made you!" Luz points to her sign.

"Luz!" She takes the sign down.

"Did I spell something wrong? Or did I spell something right?"

"Stop that" she wipes away the lights "You may be forgetting something, Luz. I'm kinda.." holds up her wanted poster "on the run! Remember? Every guard in town would be at my doorstep if I had my name in lights."

"Well, I don't see anyone right now. Maybe you're just being paranoid. You're a powerful witch. Why hide when you can 'poof' all your problems away with magic?"

"What does Luz know about problems anyway? All she has is dumb teen drama! She doesn't understand how hard some of us have it." Kind said

"You're pampered all day like a dang baby. How hard is that life?" Eda replied.