Hunting Palisman

((Y/n)'s POV)

Luz and I are in the room, I'm struggling to move around just because I'm starting to not be able to bend my knee. I look over to Luz for some assistance but I choose not to ask because she is currently looking at the echo mouse, she is also still in her pajamas even though we should be leaving for school soon.

"Oh, little echo mouse. You ate the diary that can get me home. Can't you cough up a teeny bit?" Luz asked the mouse just as King came into the room.

"Just squeeze it out!" He grunts as he squeezes his teddy bear so hard, the head pops off.

"Hmm. Maybe I just need to be patient?" she presses her face on the glass and whispers. "Please tell me your secrets"

Eda enters the room, wearing a blazer, which I found slightly strange. "Hey, knuckleheads. You're gonna be late for school" Luz doesn't respond, focused on the echo mouse. "Alright. I guess you won't be getting a magic staff with your classmates"

As soon as she finishes that sentence, Luz zooms out of the room dressed for school. I don't know how she did that but whatever.

"Hey Eda, I already got my staff, do you think maybe I could sit this one out?"

"Come on kid, it'd be fun, plus maybe you can get us to the school super fast, I'm sure Luz is already halfway there by now"

"Come on, Eda. We gotta fly!" Luz shouts from downstairs.

"We'll meet you there kid, go on without us" Eda yelled and all we heard was the sound of the door closing.

"Eda I don't think I can get us there, I barely got myself back to the owl house last time"

Eda looked at me before giving a warm smile, she placed a hand on my shoulder.  River seems to have got the message too because he had transformed into my staff.

"Just focus on the place you want to be. Don't focus on getting there just focus on being there"

"Okay I can try,'' I took a few deep breaths before hitting my staff on the ground. I was focused on the grudgby field, but when I opened my eyes we weren't even at the school.

I looked around for a second, we were on a street corner, not just any street corner but the one where Eda found me. The one where I sat for days. The one where Odalia abandoned me.

"Oh, (Y/n)" Eda looked at me, she came in for a hug but I took a step away.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take us here..." Eda put her hand on my shoulder which honestly kind of made it worse so I moved away but still looked at her.

She didn't try to put her arm on my shoulder again but still looked at me. "It's okay I promise, let's just try again okay"

She had remained so calm, I took a breath in and out before looking towards Eda again. She had her hand stretched out to me, I reached out and took it before hitting my staff to the ground again. This time we ended up in the grudgby field and principal Bump was there.

"Ahh nice to see you Eda, I was awaiting your arrival. Is your proposal set in motion?" Bump asked and I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Eda pulled out the whistle and blew it. Seconds later the Bat Queen showed up with some sort of nest thing. It was honestly kind of cool.

River had become alive again and was perched on my shoulder. I smiled at him, my staff remained and acted like a walking stick.

The bat queen was currently talking to Eda, I hadn't really tuned into the conversation until River croaked and the Bat Queen had looked at us.