The Intuder

((Y/n) POV)

School had just ended when word of boiling rain outside. Most of the students just made force field spells over them but I did my know the spell for the foreseen future.

I stood in front of the school waiting for the rain to pass when I heard footsteps ahead of me. I looked up to see Amity with burns on her arms.

"Stupid spell not holding up, well that's what I get for leaving something at school" she mumbled to herself.

I keep my head low, I didn't need this at the moment. But I think she saw me.

"Hey!" I look up at her lucky I keep my hood on.

"Yeah?"

"What are you still doing at school shouldn't you be home?"

"I could say the same thing to you"

"Well I'll have you know I just forgot something" Amity defended

"You know schools closed right?"

"Yeah I know," she said looking dejected

"Don't want to be home?"

"What's it to you! And you know I'm a Blight what gives you the right to talk to me that way?"

"Ohh big-name Blight, but you know I don't really want to be talking to you either. So..." I go up to her grab her arm and healed the burns. "I'm just going to go a few burns won't kill me but continuing talking to you might"

I hurriedly run back to the owl house. Surprisedly by the time I got there I only had a few burns.

I get into the house and it's oddly quiet. I heal my burns then see King run down the stairs and to the kitchen holding an orange potion "oh no they didn't" I walk into the kitchen and find Luz sitting on the table with King next to her.

"Got it!"

Luz takes the potion and opens it "Wow. I can't believe I'm about to learn magic. Real magic. This is historic."

She slowly lifts the potion to her mouth.  I panic so I run up and snatch the potion out of her hands. A clap of thunder startles me, and I fumbles the potion until I actually drop it and it smashes on the floor.

"Golden elixir. Gone! This is awful." Luz then looks at me "(Y/n) why did you do that?"

"Who even needs a light spell when we have tons of lamps?" The lamps flare and die. Luz glares at King.

"Guys where's Eda?" I asked worriedly

"She passed out doing light spells so we put her up in her nest" King explained. He then groans as the last light went off "Hooty controls the house lights. He probably just fell asleep. Then they heard a crash.

"Hoot! Hoot!"

"Hooty!"

"Hoot, oh, hoot!"

Luz, King, and I reach the living room and gasp. A shadowy beast has knocked the door off its hinges and made a mess of the front wall. It leaves deep scratches in the wood next to Hooty, growls when it notices the other us then flees. Luz and King run-up to Hooty but I run up to Eda's room. I've got to find another elixir.