Sense and Insensitivity

((Y/n)'s POV)

Once again I'm helping at Eda's Human Collectibles stand in the market. King holds up a tray of mostly inedible human things.

"Partake of my free snack samples! Take it! I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!"Several people pass but none even look at him. He throws the tray on the ground."Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such."

"Yeah...hey!" Eda grabs a passerby by the cowl, sniffs "It reeks more of nerd than money today."

"Guys!" Luz came running to the stand "You will not believe what's going on!" She poses under a banner "It's a book fair! Where books come to life!"A book jumps off one of the stands next to her and said Hello. Luz screams and kicks it

"A fair without rides?"

"Who needs rides when this" a boy shoves a book in King's face "can take you anywhere?"

"Nyeh." King throws a strip of bacon on the boy's head. A winged demon flies by and picks him up. The boy screams.

"A, ew." Eda throws the book on the ground "B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse." She walks off

"No, wait!" She looks to King "Will you give it a chance? I'll let you ride in my hoodie!" She puts her hood up.

"Ooohoohoohoo!"

"What about you (Y/n)?" she looks at me.

I shrugged "why not"

Luz and are walking through the book fair with King in her hood.

"This book fair's got everything! A zine-making workshop, meet and greets, and- what's that?" She gasps "A writing competition!? I've always wanted to be a writer."

"No way me too, but Luz I thought you wanted to become a witch?" I asked

"Of course, I wanna be a witch. But where I'm from that's kinda... impossible. So my runner-up dream was to be a writer" she pulls a picture out of her pocket. "I've had this about the author picture since I was seven years old. I know my good angle. I'm gonna enter the competition."

Bo a girl from Amity and Boscha's friend group laughs as she runs by.

"Ugh! What are these basement dwellers doing out in natural sunlight?" King said.

"Um! We're in line for Jon De Plume, most famous writer on the Boiling Isles, famed author of the Realm Warriors series! I'm gonna have him read my story... and marry me." I look over to see Jon signing a book.

"Jon, will you sign my child?"

"I'll sign anything!" He laughs evilly.

"Such power. Such command he holds over his minions. I must have the same! Luz the human! I too shall enter the competition."

"Really?" She gasps "We could work together! It'll be perfect! We're best friends, so we'll make the best team! And (Y/n) can join too. We could be a trio!"

"Team! Yes!" King cheered.

Luz begins walking away. I stay behind for a second before running to catch up with Luz.

I get there just in time to head king says that his name goes first on the cover.

"Hey, Luz?"

She stops and turns. "Yeah?"

"I...I'm sorry but I don't think I'm going to enter the contest and if I did I would probably enter something I'm already working on."

"You're working on something can I read it" Luz got excited.