Lost In Language

((Y/n)'s POV)

We were all sitting in the Owl House living room, Luz is reading from The Good Witch Azura 5 to King.

" 'Azura,' Hecate began. 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.' " Luz sighed

"Luz, you're getting all swoony again," King said

"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power."

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom." King said

"Okay. 'Suddenly the door swung open.'"

Hooty swings the door open "Ding‐dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!"

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" King yelled

I go up to the door and find a basket. "Hmm? Strange...Luz go get Eda and meet in the kitchen." Luz walks away and I pick the basket up and put it in the kitchen. Seconds later Luz and Eda walk into the kitchen.

"Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket." Luz said

"Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks."

King, a bib now tied on, grunts as he pulls a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring baby bat. King rubs his paws together "Mm. Fresh meat."

"No, not eating that," Luz said

"Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?"

"I'm glad I wasn't alive for that babies are so cute," I said getting closer to the bat baby.

"There's a note." King grabs it] "'Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi.'"

"Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening."

"'You will be handsomely rewarded. X‐O‐X‐O‐X‐O‐X. Bat Queen.'"

"Bat Queen?" I asked

King pulls a few snails out of the basket. Eda's eyes widen."Reward?"

"Who's the Bat Queen?" Luz asked. King sniffs the snails.

"She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life" Eda takes one of the snails "So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy."

"Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes." Luz said

"Not you. You have to return the books I checked out from the library. (Y/n) can you go too?" King drops the snails he was holding and we both stare at Eda with a 'what the heck' look. "What are you both staring at me for" she trails of and then it clicks "right never mind just Luz" Eda summons a pile of books, which Luz catches.

Eda then leans over to King "I don't want her getting a cut of the loot."

"Good thinking."

"Now, let's take a look at this little darling"
She fully takes the blanket off and the Baby bat starts screeching.

"Argh!" I plug my ears

"Oh, boy."

"On second thought maybe we could use your help"

Luz is already halfway out the door "Well, I better get to the library! Got to go! Bye!"  The Baby bat screeching continues.

"We got this, right?" The baby bat flies out of the basket and into Eda's face.