Chapter 6

A/N:  I'm posting this a few hours early because I am really not feeling well tonight, and one of two things will happen.  I won't be able to sleep because of it, or I will pass out and sleep past the time I would normally post the chapter.  Here's to hoping this yuckiness passes fast and I don't have to deal with it for long.

Posted 8/6/21

3096 words

I don't think I would have ever labeled myself as one of those women that would become weak in the knees at the sight of a beautiful man

I don't think I would have ever labeled myself as one of those women that would become weak in the knees at the sight of a beautiful man. But there were two ways I could rationalize away that concern regarding my current crumbled, prone position on the ground. Number one I wasn't scanning the features of only one beautiful man. No, my gaze was panning back and forth over four beautiful men. Number two they weren't simply men but demons. Halfbreed demons if what Hope said was to be believed. Not that they like that word. Actually I don't really like the word either. Perhaps, I should make up something new, but right now I am too busy simply gawking at the men above me and stroking the fur of this cute little bunny that somehow just happens to live in the 8th circle of hell. Nothing weird about that whatsoever. Mental eye roll activated.

First of all none of them simply have dark hair and eyes as I was originally led to believe by the glamours that they had previously been wearing. When I scan my eyes over the leader now the one thing I am able to perceive is the color gold . From the tawny hue of his skin, to the color of his disheveled hair, and coppery golden eyes. Everything about his physical characteristics screamed gold to me. I don't think I would be able to explain why if I had to share this fact with anyone in the future but somehow the amount of the golden hue seems fitting for him despite how shocking and unreal the amount seems to be. It just simply fits, and all I can do is accept this for fact before trailing my eyes over to the next one.

Hoseok's face was even more sculpted and flawless than it had been before. He was the only one of the four with hair that was still mostly dark black, but it was layered throughout with dark purple highlights that even without someone telling me I somehow instinctively knew were 100% natural. His eyes were a bright bold green that honestly caused me to shiver just glancing at them. They were so pretty. Prettier than even the shade I had chosen for my own recent look, but perhaps that was due to the supernatural vibrancy of the color. If I looked at them too long I was afraid I might just get lost in their depths. So, in order to avoid that possibility I turned my attention to the next one.