Chapter 33

A/N:  So, it is technically Friday.  I mean 1 am Friday, but Friday nonetheless.  I can't sleep, and I was kind of afraid that I would either sleep in really late or that I would forget to update, like I promised.  So, I figured while I can't sleep I would go ahead and update.  Because why not.

3035 words

Posted 7/15/22

"Um, okay

"Um, okay. Take care of it, how exactly?" Something tells me I am not going to like his answer.

And I was right. I didn't like it at all. Turns out the 7th circle of Hell, Tophet, which I know to be the home of intelligent abyssal fiends, is also the home to a Demon based fight ring. Maybe they didn't tell me because of the first rule of Fight Club. Maybe they didn't tell me for fear of how I would react. Like they thought I was going to raze the whole building. I definitely feel like I would attempt it right now. I can't help but hope the truth of the matter was that they simply forgot to tell me about it. That's also currently what each of them were claiming; I'm just frazzled and concerned that they might be simply telling me what I want to hear. So, after they delivered that news, I insisted they take me there as soon as I got cleaned up, because I wasn't about to wait around until he came back home bruised, bloody, and broken.

They gently told me when I was getting ready that I should probably glamour my eyes. "Your eyes are beautiful, Sweetheart." Seokjin preceded his suggestion early with a sweet compliment. "It's just that we don't think you should share that particular part of your identity outside of our home. If news got out that a true heir to the Spring Throne existed, well I don't know what would happen. I don't think it would be good though."

It was easy to agree with him. I understood without asking that my irises were rare, meaning true heirs were rare. But it also meant that in somehow/someway I was related to the person who currently held the throne. Whether I be that person's daughter or a cousin didn't really matter. In the long run it came down to the fact that I couldn't change my parentage, nor could I change how fate worked. That didn't mean I wanted to broadcast my potential fate to the world outside our doors. So, when it came to my glamour, I tried to still reflect myself in my irises by merging the cornflower blue and the color of the purple flowers together. My irises ended up looking periwinkle now in color, and while I was starting to accept my true irises once again I felt like this would be my staple glamour for my eyes from here on out.

I mentally groan as I come to terms with another negative point about this situation as we head out the door. We are going to have to go through a Gateway in Eisodoi to get there. They explained it was because this fight club is open to anyone who wants to participate, although it's usually outcasts and humanoids who are considering becoming demons like my mates did. It wasn't exactly the idea of going through Eisodoi that I had a problem with...

It's probably silly that what I am more bothered by is having to see the permanent resident of Eisodoi again. I dwell on the real reason it bothers me when our front door shuts behind us. I swear if Hope fucking flirts with any of my men I am going to punch her in the teeth.