Chapter 36

2303 Words

Published 9-2-22

Jimin delivers the information he discovered, and I find my attention immediately turning to Everleigh

Jimin delivers the information he discovered, and I find my attention immediately turning to Everleigh. I can't help but worry about how she is taking this news.

"You mean to tell me that, whoever this sibling of mine is, he or she was here tonight? That he or she went through the gate to Gehenna? Do you think this sibling of mine is setting some kind of trap on the other side?" Everleigh's eyes are wide, and it's obvious that she is both uncomfortable with the situation and scared at what circumstances or traps might be waiting for us.

The discovery that her sibling has been passing through Eisodoi leaving evidence of the magical signature so similar to Ever's has a thought occurring to me. "If Hope saw her sibling doesn't that mean we definitely identified as the sibling in question being female? A sister? A Succubus?" It seems to me that leaving a trail like that behind would have to be on purpose, but this sibling has to know that we worked out at least part of their identity. I don't offer up this thought though. I don't want us to have to deal with too much all at once, even though there was a high possibility of that only moments away.

Namjoon shakes his head, but it's Ever that answers my question regarding my hypothesis about her sibling's gender. "I once shifted the upper half of my body to look male before. I imagine it's just as possible for a male to appear as a female."

Great, I was sure that I worked out another clue. I almost want to berate myself for assuming anything, but it's Ever's continuing outburst that has me focused on her instead.

"I probably have multiple siblings. I did just learn that Demons are an exceptionally fertile race after all." She grumbles out. I am not sure if she is annoyed with that fact in general, or if she is thinking that she might have multiple siblings that consider themselves her enemy for some reason. "I guess it's even possible that for some reason most of them, if not all of them are plotting against me."

I went from momentary thoughts of mental self flagellation to consideration and thoughts of our potential future. Of course that has me thinking of another fact regarding demons and reproductions that I probably shouldn't share right now. Verbally tacking on the fact that due to the many triads in Mythology that multiple births, especially triplets, were also a frequent possibility seems like a bad idea right now. I fear how she will react, and we will definitely need to be level headed because it's likely there is some sort of battle coming up in our very near future. Speaking of, "Ever, how comfortable are you with your weapons now?"

She frowns. "I still haven't had a chance to work with my whip. I should be okay with my swords and the boomerang though."

Both Namjoon and Yoongi make a growl-like sound, well Yoongi's is more growl-like but Namjoon's still carries a margin of similarity due to his lion half. He's the one that speaks his grievance against the idea out loud. "I hate for you to have to fight, but I doubt there will be an easy way to get you tucked into the house before a possible battle."