seven: mistake

"Samantha Fraser!"

Hearing that, and coming from that voice made Sam freeze in her place. She moves off of Deena, wiping her lips. She looks into the distance and spots her mother, standing there, anger fuming. "Mom, I-" she begins, but is cut off by her mom running over.

She grabs Deena by the collar of her shirt, throwing her onto the rough floor. Deena groans in pain, her stab wound burning.

"Stay away from my daughter!" she yells, kicking Deena in the stomach. "You fucking..! You're just a bad influence on her."

"Mrs. Fraser!" Kate yells, running in between her and Sam, "listen to me you piece of shit! You don't ever lay your hands on my friend, okay?"

"Or what?" she yells back.

The sound of Deena gagging was enough to make everybody turn around and look at her. Blood spat down next to her, coughing out more. Kate runs over to her, picking her up and holding her close, keeping her sat up.

"Come on, Sam."

"No! You know what! No! If it weren't for her, I would've been stabbed! I'm not just gonna leave her after you do this, Mom!"

"You will if I make you," she says, grabbing Sam and pulling her up the street. "No!" she cries, trying to run back. She eventually gives up, knowing if she did get out of her mothers tight grip, then it would just make things worse for her.

"Deena, oh my gosh! Are you okay?"

"I-I'm okay. Is Sam okay?"

"Sam is.." Kate sighs, "I don't think she will be."

Deena turns and looks Kate in the eye. "We, we have to help her, Kate. Please, I can't let her mother do something to her."

Kate sits there, Deena in her lap as the two look at each other. And in Deena's somber eyes, Kate could see true concern. And sadness. "Okay."

"Samantha! What do you think you were doing out there! Kissing another girl? And not just a girl, Deena Johnson?"

"What does that even mean? Deena is nice, she's kind, she cares about me, I lo-"

Sams mom slaps her across the face, and the blonde girl feels tears stream down. "You stay away from her. She's a bad influence on you."

"B-But..."

"Why can't you be normal, Samantha?"

Hearing those words broke Sam into pieces. She didn't cry. She couldn't. As much as she wanted to, not a single tear streamed down her face. She just stormed up the stairs and into her room, looking out her window. The rain falling down onto it.

As the raindrops turned into little leaks of water on her window, she puts her hand up to it, sighing heavily. She hears banging on her door, but she doesn't answer. She doesn't answer to any of her mothers calls. Instead, she opens up her window, getting on top of it, and climbing onto the roof of her house as she watched the rain fall.

She could hear the sound of her door breaking down, and the sound of her mother yelling was now more clear. "Samantha!" she yells as she runs over to the open window. "Those.. fucking Johnsons!" she screams as she leaves Sams room.

The blonde looks up at the sky, the gray clouds, the rain slowly falling down onto her. The sounds of the thunder rumbling. And it was nice.

And it became even nicer when she looked to her side and saw Deena and Kate climbing up a ladder. Concerned, Deena runs over to Sam, moving her hand all over her, making sure she's okay. "I'm," she begins softly, now feeling the tears coming.