ten: bridges

- trigger warning: suicide

please stay safe and if you are struggling, reach out to somebody. you are not alone in this, you deserve to be happy.

"Deena?"

The voice echos, and Deena steps forward, holding onto the side of the bridge. Sometimes cars would go zooming by, but all they could focus on was Deena.

"I'm sorry, Sam," she cries, letting go of the side.

"Deena!" Sam yells, running over and pulling her onto the ground, both breathing heavily.

Even with the cars zooming by, Deena could still focus on what Sam was saying.

"Deena, it's okay. You're safe now," she says, voice cracking as she rubs circles on the brunettes back.

"You.. but..." she tries, but she breaks down in tears.

"It's okay. I'm here, I'm here."

"Your mom, she told me you c-crashed," she managed to spit out, sobbing.

"What?"

"She said you crashed, and, and that it was a-all my, my fault," she stutters. Sam was now fuming with anger, but she just started crying too. Because when she was in this situation, she couldn't be angry at somebody, she could just be scared, but still relieved.

"I'm sorry," Deena cries, sobbing into Sam's chest.

"No, don't apologize. I'm sorry."

She continues to cry, and Sam continues to apologize. "I shouldn't of reacted that way, and now I have to live knowing that I said that. But Deena, you make me whole. You make me happy, you help me escape from my sad life and you make me feel something I can't explain. You make me feel like me. And I love you so much."

"Now, let's get you back, okay?"

Deena nods, one arm around Sam, another around Simon as they all walk back to Deena's. Once they arrive, they sit Deena down on the couch, giving her water and caring for her until she relieves them she's okay. Sam sits down next to her, kissing her softly on the cheek. "So, are we okay? Do you forgive me?"

"I do. I love you."

"So.. are we?" Sam begins.

"Girlfriends," Deena finishes her sentence, "yeah, we are. If you wanna be mine."

"Of course I do."

Simon and Kate race over to Sam's house, standing in front of the door, arms crossed. She opens it, a groan coming from her mouth. A groan that quickly turns into a yelp of pain when Simon slaps her across the face with his hand.

"What the fuck, stupid ass boy!?"

"You told our friends girlfriend— no, you know what? You told our friend Sam that her girlfriend, who is also our best friend, that Sam got into a car crash and you said that it was all her fault. When both were incorrect. Now, think again before calling me a stupid ass boy, dick."

Kate looks at Simon, genuinely shocked. Simon usually took everything lightly, but he was so pissed, and he had every right to be. Kate was pissed too, and Sam's mother was just sat there, in utter shock.

"Deena almost hurt herself. Or worse," Kate yells, gritting her teeth, "now, I think you should leave your daughter, and her girlfriend, and us, alone."

They walk away before she can even slam the door, and once they reach the house, they spot Deena and Sam on the roof as rain pours down on them. "Every time I get sad, or stressed, or whatever, I'm gonna go onto this rooftop and think whilst I look at the stars," Deena smiles, "and I'm going to be doing it because of you. I love space, and the stars are so pretty, but nothing is as pretty as you."