fifteen: date

"Mr. Johnson?"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Deena yells, slamming her hand on the table.

"Listen, Deena—"

"Listen? You want me to listen to you? You know what you did to my girlfriend. You know what you did to me. To Josh."

Deena wanted to yell. She wanted to scream at him, she wanted to let everything come out. All that bottled up anger, from everything he did to her, to her girlfriend, to her brother, to her friends, she just wanted to scream. But there was a part of her.

The small part. She had the littlest bit of hope that her father could change. That he could not be a piece of shit for once in his life. And she was so tired. Not just mentally, physically too. She felt weak. She slowly looked up at her father, his mouth was open but all she heard was ringing.

And she still heard that ringing when she fell onto the floor.

"Deena!" Sam yells as she runs over to her, panicking as she moved Deena's hair out of her face.

"I, can't, can't," she struggles, shaking.

"She's having a panic attack. She's having a fucking panic attack," Sam sighs, pulling Deena close and holding her. "Because of you, you piece of shit!"

"Look, I didn't—"

"Didn't mean it?" Kate yells, "did you not mean it when you manipulated Sam? When you left Deena to take care of Josh and herself?"

The yelling continues as Deena shakily breathes, her hands shaky. "S-Stop," she says, voice shaky too.

They all look over at Deena. She couldn't focus on anything, the yelling was too loud and it was too much for her. Sam couldn't even calm her down this time, even when she had her their hands together, even though she seemed to always calm her down.

Sam helps Deena up and brings her outside, sitting down on the porch with her. She rubbed circles on Deena's back, kissing her softly on her cheek. She used one hand to play with Deena's hair, using the other to softly squeeze her hand. Softly murmuring "it's okay" to the brunette, hugging her.

"It's okay," Deena manages to spit out, her voice still shaky, "I'm okay. I'll be okay."

Meanwhile inside the house, Simon and Kate were arguing with Deena's father. "Are you serious?" Simon yells.

"I told you that Deena's better off without you," Kate fires back, anger fuming inside of her. "What do you not get about that? Just leave her alone!"

He opens his mouth to talk, but instead he just throws a glass onto the floor. Kate jumps as she looks at him, her teeth gritted. "Just leave."

"Why? It's a family reunion! Deena, Josh and I."

Deena finally decides that she can do it. Her anger overpowering her as she slams open the door, tilting her head back and forth. "Get out of my house."

"Your house? This house wouldn't even be ours without the help of me."

"I fucking pay for the house! I use everything I have to pay for it! Because you're practically never here, and when you are, you're just a drunk fucking mess. We are not the wealthiest, if you couldn't tell. And yet you still use all of your spare change on beer. On drugs. Because you never care. You don't care about me. I had to take care of Josh on my own. I had to hope that one day, maybe one day you would change. You would come back. Apologize. Help. But you didn't. And I hate so fucking much that I have that one bit of hope that you can still change. You ruined me. Traumatized me. But I have that one bit of hope because I have no parental figure to look up to. Fuck you. You don't get to traumatize me and then come running back here."