Chapter 6

"We are made of all those
who have built and broken us."

The first thing Callista was greeted with when she stepped into the common room that morning was, "Hey, Callista."

Rabastan sat by the fireplace with some parchment and his Charms book out. He spoke again when he saw her stop and walk towards him. "Can you check my Charms essay for me? The book I needed wasn't in the library so I don't know how accurate it is."

She held back her confusion. He rarely asked her for help with Charms. Still, Callista nodded and sat down next to him, taking the paper from his hand. She read through it while he fiddled with his quill beside her.

She leaned closer so that they could both look at the parchment. "This is wrong here, you've got the creator of the Augamenti charm mixed with the maker of the Drought Making charm. Other than that I can't find anything else wrong."

Rabastan nodded and went to correcting his mistake. "Thank you, I'll see you later."

She waved. "Bye," she said, choosing not to focus on the weird interaction any longer.

Callista made it to the bench in the courtyard where she spent most of her free periods with her friends. Fallon and Gen were the only two there, but she knew Magorian and Aidan would be there soon. Cal, Fallon, Gen, and Rabastan all shared a free period that morning, but Fallon and Gen had a second one straight after that they shared with Magorian and Aidan's. It was the only day they got two free periods, and one of the 3 days they actually had a free period.

"Hello, my lovely companions." Callista gave a dramatic bow as a greeting to her friends.

Genevieve laughed, while Fallon bowed her head and made a wild gesture with her arm. "Hello to you too, dear friend."

The three chuckled, before getting back to talking about any news they heard around the halls of Hogwarts.

The day passed in a blur and Callista was making her way down to the second floor where James had his last class.

She usually spent her time with James alone, but she suspected it would be spent with the Marauders as well. This was because of the Quidditch match tomorrow and James would want to spend hours talking about it.

She did not mind. James' friends were also her friends and she liked spending time with them. They were a different kind of fun that she enjoyed adding into her week. Most of their actual fun was had whenever she was at James' during the Summer.

The four of them poured out of the class and as soon as Sirius saw her, he walked over and ruffled her hair, then resting an arm on her head.

"Shove off," she groaned, not bothering to hide her smile. She shoved him off and said hello to the rest of them.

James gave Sirius a light push, "Oi, mate, she's my best friend."

Sirius gasped, bringing a hand to his chest. "I'm hurt. I thought I was your best friend!" He turned away from James, wiping away a fake tear.

James chuckled, "Aw, Pads, you're my best friend too."

Sirius laughed and turned around, running into him with a hug.

Callista rolled her eyes at the two, walking past with Remus. "I'm still the favourite," she called back.

Sirius grumbled following after them, refusing to let go of James.

Remus noticed the group of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw girls and turned towards his own group. "I just want to ask Lily and Dorcas about the Charms project."

The project was just a research project on some Charms and Callista herself was paired with Rabastan, Gen, and two Hufflepuffs.
The rest nodded and they followed him to the group, that consisted of Lily, Marlene, Alice, Dorcas, and Emmeline.

Callista was wary around them. She had only ever spoken to Lily and Alice because of their study sessions and liked them well enough. She was sure the others hated her, as she never missed the looks they gave her whenever she was around. The looks they were trying so hard to hide.

She smiled at them, offering a wave, to which only Lily and Alice responded. She expected it. Marlene raised an eyebrow as the rest looked at her, trying to figure out her ploy. It made her laugh sometimes, watching people trying to figure out her ulterior motive.

The joys of being a Greengrass.

________________________________________

Hello, my loves! I'm back :)

Sorry if this feels rushed or unfinished. I was struggling to write it and wanted to update for you. I might come back at a later date and make it better but I promise the next chapters will be better!

Also grade 11 is almost over and then I go into my final year next year which is terrifying

– walkingmasterpiece xx