Chapter 7

"She's never where
she is. She's only
inside her head."

The quaint shops of the Hogsmeade village made for a calming scenery that one could get lost in, especially in the snow. Callista, however, had been visiting the small village since her third year. She knew where every shop was, which cafe's were the best, and knew exactly where to go for anything she needed.

Snow lightly fell from the sky, but the ground and rooftops of the buildings were still covered from the heavy snow that fell during the night. Winter was upon them.

She walked beside Gen and Fallon, leaving the rest of their group to walk behind them. Stellan and Freya opted to spend the day with the rest of their fifth year friends. The only one who did not come, was Severus. He was choosing to spend his days in the Potions classroom more and more.

"What do you want from Honeydukes?" Gen called back to the boys behind them.

Multiple replies popped out and she turned to focus on each one. Anyone could trust her to remember everyone's lists.

Callista turned to Fallon. "Meet you at the Three Broomsticks then?"

Fallon nodded. "I can't believe you're leaving me with these idiots."

She had a sort of love-hate relationship with them. Out of the three girls, she was the closest to the rest of the group. She was the glue. A crude, grumpy glue, but glue nonetheless.

"You can still come with us to Honeydukes."

She stuck up her nose to further her dramatics. "Never. The sugary smell itself is enough to give me a cavity."

Callista chuckled and then hooked her arm with Gen's, dragging her to the sweet shop before they could waste anymore time.

A bell chimed as they entered the store and Gen wandered off into the furthest aisle. Callista looked around, and smiled at the shop owner who gave a cheerful wave. She grabbed a small basket and wandered into the aisle she knew contained her favourite treats, Sugar Quills and Nougat Chunks. And anything chocolate.

After grabbing everything she wanted, she turned to find the cashier but bumped into two Ravenclaws. Anya Chang and Sidney Hearst.

Anya was Callista's first girlfriend. It started on a Friday night in the Gryffindor common room when they both got a little too drunk. Anya was openly lesbian, but Callista had never even kissed a girl. It was a brief relationship, where she explored more about her feelings and sexuality, but it ended when they both decided they were better off as friends.

Now, she noticed Anya had her hand entwined with Sidney's. She smiled, "Hi, Anya, Sidney. Enjoying your day?"

Anya nodded, biting her lip. "We are on a date." She grinned.

Sidney blushed, glancing at Anya, who gave her a chocolate rose she picked off the shelf. She giggled and blushed harder, hiding her face behind the rose as she lifted it up to her face.

Callista smiled. She suspected they would end up together. "You two enjoy, I'll see you both on Thursday!" She often only talked to the two of them during their study sessions, as they never got time to talk during classes.

She waved at the two of them and made her way to pay for her sweets. Gen had just finished paying and shot her an impatient look. She had three baskets full of everyone's goods.

She quickly payed and left the store following Gen. "How did you take so long? You barely have anything?" Gen asked, staring at her single basket.

"I stopped to talk to Anya and Sidney."

"The two Ravenclaws from your study group?"

She nodded. They stopped outside The Three Broomsticks and she pushed the door open. She stepped inside, feeling the drastic difference in temperature as soon as she entered. She shrugged off her coat and canned the room for her friends. She spotted them, sitting in the back at their usual table.

Her and Gen walked over and hey sat down. Gen handed out everyone's things and she laid her coat over her lap. She found herself sat next to Rabastan. He pushed a glass of butterbeer towards her.

"We ordered for you. It's still warm."

She breathed her thanks and cupped the glass in her hands, letting it warm her. She took a sip, savouring the sweet taste. Her mind bobbed between listening to their conversation and her own thoughts. Soon, she would be going home for Christmas break with her brother and sister. It was getting closer to the time where her parents would expect her to take the Dark Mark, the symbol of Lord Voldemort's followers. She did not want to, but knew if she did not, her brother and sister would be expected to.

Then there was the topic of marriage. Her mother had reassured her that she could marry whomever she liked, as long as they were pureblood. She had agreed, as long as she got a choice. She hoped they would not pressure her to marry soon after she graduates, like the Black sisters. Even her mother married young, hers also arranged by her parents.

Rabastan leaned towards her and whispered, "You okay?"

She looked up, realising she zoned out. "Yes." She smiled. "Just thinking out the Potions homework I still have to do."

He nodded and she was left to wonder if he believed her excuse or was just being polite by not prying.

________________________________________
Hi, hope you enjoy :)

I promise I'll update more in the coming weeks!

I'm also working on trying to get into a habit of updating regularly, or in a schedule, so bare with me as the updates will be random for a bit.

– walkingmasterpiece xx