Chapter 17

"The moon knows."

Genevieve gasped, though she cut it off by holding her breath and hitting Callista on the arm.

Fallon sighed from her spot next to her as they sat in front of Callista on her bed. "You can squeal for two seconds."

She squealed, her attack on Callista's arm continuing. Fallon held up two fingers and then lowered each one, counting down from two. She received a half-hearted glare from Genevieve when the remaining finger was her middle finger.

"Tell us everything!" Genevieve drew her focus back to Callista.

She shrugged. "There's not much else to tell. We nearly kissed, nothing to it."

She groaned, pretending to fall backwards. "Of course there's something to tell. You almost kissed!"

"I don't like him. He doesn't like me. Nothing to it."

"But you are attracted to him," Fallon said with a smirk.

"So?" She asked, drawing out the word. "He's attractive. We established this in third year." Third year was when a group of Slytherin girls tried to determine who the most attractive boys in Hogwarts were. It was stupid but Rabastan had made the list. And continued to stay on the list as the new third and fourth years continued the silly tradition.

"At least you know it won't be so bad in bed."

"Fallon!"

"I mean, you never know, he could be really bad."

"Gen!"

Genevieve sat back. "Or he might be really good."

"What do you reckon he's in to?" Fallon added.

"Stop! I don't want to think about what he's like in bed." She laughed. "The minds of you too." She shook her head, the remnants of laughter still in her voice.

"You'll find out soon enough." Fallon winked. "Now let's go to breakfast, I'm starving."

~~~

Callista sat down in between Genevieve and Rabastan. She scanned the table of breakfast foods, trying to decide what she would have today. When she decided on yoghurt and fruit, she reached to grab some. Her quest for food was disrupted by owls flying into the room, delivering the day's mail. Most of which would contain permission slips for Hogsmeade that were sent to parents last minute. Hers included.

A letter dropped onto her plate, which was empty. For that, she was thankful. Once her owl dropped a letter from her mother into her plate full of food. It was covered in gravy, which made for a difficult read.

She picked up the letter and opened it, her permission slip falling out. Her eyes scanned the rest of the letter. It contained a reminder to be good and a warning to behave on her date with Rabastan.

"Apparently we have a date," she said, glancing at the boy next to her.

He nodded. "I got the owl last night."

"And you're not even going to ask me properly? I'm astounded," she deadpanned.

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "My dearest Callista, will you do me the honour of accompanying me on a date on this fine morning?"

She gave him a blank look. "No."

A smile tried to slip through, but he was quick to cover it up as he fell back into his act. "But darling. It's our anniversary." He tilted his head.

She decided to play along. "But love, it's snowing. What about my hair?"

"We're wizards, use a spell." Aidan piped up across from them. "Hurry up, I want to get a good seat at The Three Broomsticks."