THIRTY - THREE

"He never told us he had a daughter

"He never told us he had a daughter." Tanya said. "It's really sweet you two found each other again."

"Yeah." Luna nodded, still staring at the window. "We're really lucky." Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Tanya and Frankie finally walking away. After two weeks stuck inside the Santcuary, Luna had finally been introduced to Negan's "wives", as he liked to call them. She knew what was going on, and she tried her best to ignore it all. Remind herself that her real father was dead, and this was someone else entirely. Though, after having to pretend like that wasn't what she thought, it was becoming harder and harder not to believe it. Luna wanted him back, more than anything, and she didn't know if she could let him go again.

"There's no way out." A low voice brought Luna out of her thoughts. She turned to her right, seeing the only "wife" she had yet to meet. "Trust me. Even if you can escape, there's no where to go for miles. You'd either die or get caught before you could make it back to your community."

"Who said I was thinking about escaping?" Luna turned to her, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I know that look." The woman said. "My sister had it right before we escaped."

"You've gotten out of this place?" Luna breathed, and the woman nodded. "Why did you come back?"

"My sister died." She sighed. "My...ex-husband and I, we had no choice." She glanced around at the other wives, who were on the other side of the room now. "Look, I know where Daryl is. He saved us out there, and now because of Dwight he ended up here. I want to help him, and I want to help you."

"Help me? Why?" Luna's eyebrows furrowed together. "You don't even know me, one, and two my dad's got you locked up here like...some weird slave, basically. Shouldn't you hate me, if anything?"

"I chose to be here. I may not like it, but I did choose." The woman sighed. "I'm helping you because I can't see someone else hurt by him. I'm gonna get you and Daryl out together, okay? I promise." She looked around again. "Just do what you're told for now, make it easy." She started to turn away, but Luna caught her arm.

"What's your name?" Luna asked.

"Sherry."

—————

Luna looked around, not seeing anyone around so she pulled open the door and slipped into the stairwell. Waking down onto the landing, she met up with Sherry who was leaning against the wall and smoking a cigarette.

"You wanted to see me?" Luna asked, standing on the stair next to Sherry and leaning against the wall. Sherry nodded, exhaling the smoke.

"Negan and others are going over to the Hilltop this weekend." Sherry said, holding out a cigarette. Luna hesitated a second before taking it. "I don't know who yet, but this could be your chance."