FOURTY - SEVEN

"Get on your knees

"Get on your knees." Rick spoke. Dwight didn't move for a second, and then he slowly sunk to his knees in front of Rick. Dwight's gaze had wandered around the room, hitting every person before finally landing on Daryl. "Look at me." Dwight slowly shifted his gaze back to Rick. "Why?"

"Cause I want it stopped." Dwight spoke. "I want Negan dead."

"So why don't you kill him?" Rick asked, his gun unmoved from where it was aimed at Dwight's face.

"It can't just be me." Dwight shook his head. "They're all Negan."

"That girl you murdered..." Tara took a step forward. "She had name. Her name was Denise, and she was a doctor. And she helped people."

"I wasn't aiming for her." Dwight spoke. Daryl pushed Tara out of the way, grabbing Dwight by the neck and pushing him against the wall as he pulled out his knife.

"Do it." Tara encouraged. "Do it."

"You wanna end it this way...you go ahead." Dwight spoke. "I'm sorry. I am. I know you want to."

"Daryl don't." Luna stepped forward, immediately feeling Tara's glare aimed at her. Luna shook off Carl's hand, moving forward. She knew why Tara felt the way she did, hell she even partially felt the same, but she couldn't let Dwight die. She owed Sherry that much. "Don't kill him."

"He could just be here to see if you were here." Rick said.

"We can't trust him." Michonne nodded.

"But we don't need to kill him." Luna argued.

"He owned me." Dwight spoke. "But not anymore. What I did, I was doing it for someone else. She just got away."

"Sherry?" Luna breathed, now standing next to Daryl. Dwight's eyes moved down to her. "Sherry's out?"

"Gone." Dwight said, his head moving slightly as he tried to nod, though Daryl's grip on his neck didn't allow his head much movement. "So now I'm here. So are you, both of you, because of her."

"Do it!" Tara's voice was filled with rage.

"There's another choice." Dwight said, eyes locked with Daryl's.

"Daryl don't!" Luna practically pleaded. "Think about Sherry, think about what she did for us."

"Daryl, you knew her. You knew Denise." Tara said from behind them.

"Negan trusts me." Dwight was still speaking to Daryl. "We can work together, we can stop him. You knew me then, you know me now. You know I'm not lying. I'm not."

"Do it!" Tara encouraged. "Do it!"

"Daryl, please!" Luna begged, feeling Carl's arm wrap around her waist as he pulled her back. Daryl's breath was sharp and heavy as his hand shook before finally pulling the knife away from Dwight's face. He released his grip on Dwight's neck, and Dwight began breathing heavy.