shock laga (part 3)

Last part

For a moment, he couldn't believe it. He thought he was imagining her voice.

But no, here she was, in his arms, struggling to keep her eyes open as she continuously called out for Shiva.

His heart did a somersault. She wasn't dead. She was here. With him. Breathing and all.

Shiva broke into a set of fresh happy tears, as he slowly pulled her closer to his chest and hugged her, without too much force because she was still weak.

"Tu theek hai? Tujhe dard nahi ho raha na?" Shiva choked on his own voice, cupping her face with one hand and supporting her body with the other.

Raavi lifted her hand to clutch the front of his vest, mumbling something Shiva couldn't hear. He bent his ear towards her mouth.

"Tune.... Tune mujhe ki... kiss kiya?" She asked.

Shiva froze. In the spur of the moment, he didn't realise what he did was technically-sort-of-kinda like a kiss. He raised his eyes, fearfully to look at her, only to find her smirking.

All his fear melted into confusion.

"You gave me the kiss of life." She cracked her own horrible joke and chuckled weakly at it.

Shiva sighed. This girl and her terrible timing.

"Gadhedi. Abhi 2 minute pehle saansein nahi chal rahi thi teri, aur idhar baithke pakau joke maar rahi hai. Tujhe kuch ho jaata toh? Mai kya karta, kabhi socha hai? Humesha sab ko bachane ke liye tyaag ki murti jaise khadi ho jaati hai. Tere bina kya karta mai?" Shiva worriedly said, looking directly at her.

She weakly smiled at him, before closing her eyes and shivering.

"Shiva... thandi" Raavi said, shivering in his arms.

Shiva reached for the blanket he threw aside a while back and wrapped her with it, rubbing her arms from above the blanket to create more heat.

Raavi snuggled in his arms, and admired her husband, as his words continuously rang in her ears.

Tere bina mera kya hota. Tujhe kuch ho jata toh.

Concern. Fear. Care. He showed it all, but wouldn't admit it.

Krish, Dev and Rishita came and sat down in front of them, as Shiva shifted Raavi into his lap, with almost her entire body being supported by Shiva's body, as she laid her head against his chest.

"Raavi, tu theek hai? I'm so sorry maine teri baat nahi maani yaar. Next time tu jaise bolegi waise karungi, jhaadoo lagane bologi, kar dungi. Lasoon chilne bologi, woh bhi karungi lekin aise dara mat hume agli baar" Rishita said in one go, frantic and scared out of her wits.

Raavi chuckled and nodded no, "Mai theek hu rishita, tension mat lo"

"Raavi, tum pakka theek ho? Maine doctor ko bula liya hai, thodo der me aa jayenge. Okay?" Dev said calmly.

"Raavi bhabhi, mujhe aisa heart attack de diya apne. Aisa bilkul mat karna agli baar se, hum kitna dar gaye the, especially Shiva...." Krish started, but stopped mid way as Shiva glared at him.

"Mai jaanti hu Shiva mujhe kuch hone nahi deta." Raavi said slowly, giving all heart eyes to Shiva, as he looked at her with all the adoration in the world.

He caressed her head, and slowly carried her up to their bedroom. Within a few minutes, the doctor arrived, did a few routine check ups, and suggested complete rest.

Shiva insisted that he stay by her the whole time, because he didn't want to leave her out of his sight for even one minute now. He couldn't risk it.

The doctor gave her a small injection, that would make her drowsy for 24 hours, but she'd be completely fine in a day or 2.

As Raavi slept away on the bed, Shiva sat down on the floor next to her, and held her small, delicate hands in his, placing a small kiss on them, before dozing off next to her.

In the middle of the night.

"Shivaaaaa" Raavi sleepily called out to him, and he woke up within 2 seconds.

"Raavi? Kya hua? Dard ho raha hai?" Shiva looked at her face for any sign of discomfort, but she was loopily smiling.

"Pata hai, mai na tujhe ek secret batau" She lazily said. "Maine meri first kiss aise nahi imagine ki thi. Mujhe toh laga tu mujhe date pe leke jaayega, romantic baate karega. Par nahi. Tu thhehra. Unromantic kaddu." Raavi pouted.

Shiva looked at her amused. Loopy Raavi was sure fun to be around. She said what Regular Raavi would never say.

"Tune mujhe kaddu bulaya?" He raised an eyebrow at her, enjoying her talks.

"Kaddu nahi. Unromantic kaddu. Mere se door kyu bhaagta hai Shiva tu. Katti!" She said, showing her little pinky finger.

Shiva chuckled at her antics. "Accha, nahi bhaagunga, okay?"

"Nahi bhaagega? Yayyy! Mujhe na, yaha se," Raavi said, pointing to the centre of her chest, "bohot dard hota hai jab tu mujhse baat nahi karta. Kyuki idhar itna saara pyaar bhara hai tere liye"

Shiva widened his eyes at her statement. She loves him?

"Aise kya dekh raha hai. Apne pati se pyaar ka izhar kar rahi hu, kisi boyfriend se nahi. Toh tu sun dhyaan se. I love you. Suna? Kaan saaf kar. I love youuuuu Shiva." Raavi stretched her words, smiling, eyes half closed.

Shiva couldn't believe his ears. Did she just confess her love to him, in her drowsy state? That had to mean it's true.

He smiled widely at her, as she continuously kept chanting "I love you".

She meant the world to him. So much, that words would fall short to express his love for her. And he finally found peace in his mami ki behen ki beti. Never did he think, that he'd find love and happiness in his dushman.

"Tere bolne ka wait karti, toh hum buddhe bhi ho jaate. Udhar neeche kyu baitha hai, idhar mere baaju me aake soha" She cutely patted at the empty space next to her on the bed.

Shiva got up from the floor and laid down next to her, as she rightfully settled herself in to his arms, snuggling into him.

"Tu mujhe kabhi mat chodke jaa Shiva, okay? Mai nahi reh paungi. I love you." Raavi said, before dozing off into an exhausted slumber.

"I love you too." he whispered, before kissing her forehead, and wrapping his whole world in his arms, as she let out little snores.

~~~

Well. If it wasn't upto mark, I'm sorry. I have major writer's block. But, I didn't want to leave this story unfinished, since I know how it feels to read an incomplete story.

It will be a while until I get a new idea with good words. Until then, take care ❤️