trying

This is a result of my brain bugging me for quite a few weeks now. 9K words since I didn't want to split it and lose the essence. 

Special thank you to Sri who proof read small parts when she was free, to Suppu who's my google

And especially Ashu who helped me when my minimally-functional brain was stuck, and basically watched this come to life, and also pushed me to post this. 

I love you all sm <3 

Now enjoy! I love long comments :) 

..... 

Raavi stood by the window, watching Rishita and Dev play with their son, Rehaan, who just figured out that he can run using the chubby legs he was currently standing on.

She watched them, a smile creeping up automatically on her face, as Rehaan giggled and fell flat on his face, tripping over his own toes and wailing loudly.

Within seconds, his parents sat by him on the ground, consoling him and eventually convincing him that he's a strong boy and the grass should be afraid of him. It didn't even take 4 minutes for the baby boy to be back on his feet, chasing a poor puppy from the neighbour's house back through the fence.

Raavi chuckled at the innocent little boy. She loved babies, she always had. Rehaan was close to her heart, her only nephew and a very cute one, who somehow always managed to give her baby fever.

She couldn't help but wonder about the possibilities, of her own family with Shiva. He'd be such a great dad, she could vouch for him with guarantee, since she observed how soft and caring he was with little Rehaan ever since he was born.

They hadn't talked about it yet, but Raavi could feel the lingering question in the room, every time Rehaan ran behind his 'Shi-ba Chachu' and plopped into 'Vee Chachi' s lap. 

A warm pair of arms wrapped around her waist, and she was immediately enveloped by a sandalwood and spice musk that she was all too familiar with.

"Kya soch rahi hai?" Shiva whispered, placing a kiss under her ear and his chin on her shoulder.

Raavi smiled and kept her tiny palms over his arms around her, "Rehaan kitna pyaara hai na?"

He peeked out of the window, and saw Rehaan trying to eat a butterfly and getting scared at the sudden movements of the insect.

"Bohot. Laadla hai woh, mujhe toh lagta hai hum uske favourites hai." He chuckled, and Raavi turned around in his arms.

"Sunn na." She mumbled, her fingers playing with the buttons of his shirt, the water from his freshly showered hair dripping down his neck, causing a lot of distraction to her, as always. "Tune kabhi family ke baare mein socha hai?"

"Humesha toh sochta hu." Shiva shrugged non-chalantly, and Raavi looked up at him, surprised. "Store kaise chalana hai, Krish se paise kaha chupaau, Maa ki dawaaiyaan-"

"Offo Shiva!" She shook her head and he stopped talking, "Mera matlab, biwi, bacche..." She trailed off, looking up at him expectantly.

Shiva looked at her honey-brown eyes, and knew she was beating around the bush to ask for something. "Biwi ke baare mein roz sochta hu, jab usse door hota hu. Aur jab paas hota hoon, toh sochne se kaam nahi chalana padta." He trailed the tip of his nose along the edge of her jaws , down her neck, and Raavi sighed in content.