trying (bonus part)

Shiva held Raavi's hand, almost at the threshold without anyone doubting where they were going, when a harsh voice boomed from the bedroom.

"Kaha jaa rahe ho dono?"

Raavi stopped midway at being caught and turned around slowly as Suman wheeled herself into the aangan, where no one was anymore, thankfully.

"Kahi bhi toh nahi, maa." Shiva said, keeping quiet when Suman glared at him for his obvious lie.

"Doctor ke paas?"

Raavi nodded slowly, and Suman looked at her son, who looked away and rubbed his head.

"Bike se jaa rahe ho?"

"Idhar aao." Suman beckoned when Shiva nodded in response, and he walked towards her.

Suman instantly snatched the keys from his hand, earning him a tapli on his head, startling him.

"Maar kyu rahi hai mujhe-"

"Petse biwi ko bike pe le jaate hue sharam nahi aati? Aaj kal ke bacche! No saram, no lihaaz."

"Toh aur kaise leke jaau? Udke?"

His mother nodded impossibly, handing him a different set of keys, making both Shiva and Raavi widen their eyes.

"Gaadi kaha se aayi humare paas?"

"Maine khareedi hai!" Suman proudly adjusted her dupatta, and pushed Shiva towards Raavi.

"Meri bahu aur uske bacche ko aise kaise bike pe jaane dungi? Aaj ke baad, no bike. Sirf gaadi, jaao ab. Second hand hai, shakal mat banaao, acchi hi hai."

"Humne kaha kuch kaha, Maa." Raavi politely said, bending to hug her as Suman nudged her.

"Jhuk mat. Niklo ab. Haaalo"

Raavi and Shiva gave Suman a tight, despite her refusing the hug, eventually giving in, warning Raavi to take care of herself as she watched her children walk out of the house, an excited step in their walk.

....

Raavi changed into a hospital gown and sat down on the bed, pulling Shiva's hands into hers, seeking the warmth.

"Sab theek hoga na, Shiva? Koi problem nahi hogi na? Baby ko kuch nahi hoga na?"

Shiva smiled at her assuringly, kissing their entwined hands continously until she had calmed down.

"Accha sochegi toh accha hi hoga, samjhi? Aadha mere jaisa, aadha tere jaise, duniya idhar se udhar ho jaaye, par iss chote Pandya ko kuch na hoye. Hmm? Tension mat le zyaada."

Just then, Dr. Shah walked in, a lean and tall lady in her 50s, hair back in a bun.

"Good morning, Raavi! How have you been?" Dr. Shah asked cheerily, arranging the equipments in the room.

"Very giddy, won't lie!" Raavi chuckled nervously, tucking her hair back.

"I believe you visited alone last time, if I may ask who this is?" She asked, looking at Shiva.

"My husband, Shiva." Raavi beamed, and the doctor nodded, greeting him.

"So you are the young man that has her beaming! Lovely! I hope you will be here for every visit hereafter?"

"Absolutely."

"Great!" Dr. Shah flipped through the reports, offering a stool for Shiva to sit on, "Alright, if you could lie down, Raavi. It may hurt a bit, but if it's unbearable, let me know."

Dr. Shah switched on a few buttons, covering Raavi with a sheet, causing her to flinch and grab Shiva's hand tightly due to the intrusion of the wand. He patted her head as she readjusted herself slightly.

Raavi looked at the screen for a sign, but watched the doctor frown slightly.

"Is something wrong?" She asked, fearfully, as Shiva kissed her knuckles and patted her forehead.

"Kuch nahi hua, Chipkali. Unhe dekhne toh de." He assured her, as she continued staring at the screen.

"No, it's just- Aah! There we go!" Dr. Shah smiled, pointing at the screen. "That tiny blob over here, that's your baby."

Raavi and Shiva stared at the black and white blurb on the screen, and Raavi turned her head towards Shiva excitedly.

"Shiva dekh, humara baby!" She chuckled excitedly, looking between her bhoothnath and the screen.

"She's so tiny, kitni choti si hai." Shiva smiled, his eyes misting at the mere sight of their tiny angel.

"Itnu si hai, itnu si!" Raavi indicated with her index and thumb, Shiva wiping a lone tear away from the corner of her eyes.

Dr. Shah clicked the button a few times, before turning towards Raavi and Shiva. "Let's see if we can hear the heartbeat."

Raavi watched with bated breath, as Dr. Shah clicked a few buttons, the room echoing with a sound she never thought would be this beautiful.

The vibrations of their baby's heartbeat appeared on the screen, the beats of their baby's heart making their own run faster than ever.

Their little angel. They were excited, no doubt, but it was finally sinking in that they had created that tiny life together, and she was doing such a great job at being the best baby.

Raavi stared at the screen for a long time, clutching Shiva's hand tightly, before turning to Shiva, who was also staring at the screen, the sounds drowning out the rest of his surroundings.

Shiva looked at Raavi, whose eyes were welling up with tears, and he bent his arm around her head just as she hid her face in his shoulder and sobbed.

"That's our baby. Our little baby." Raavi cried, and Shiva just caressed her head, kissing her forehead and wiping her tears, as she faced away from the screen.

"I know, sweetheart. I know." Shiva chuckled, himself tearing up as he hugged her and kept whispering in her ears what a good mumma she was going to be.

"Kitni acchi hai humari choti chipkali, mai bohot pyaar karungi usse, sabse acchi baby hai." Raavi sobbed and Shiva just laughed, as she wiped his tears away and faced the screen again, while the doctor prepared the report.

"Mr. and Mrs. Pandya, you have nothing to worry about." Dr. Shah smiled, handing them the report once Raavi had changed, "Everything looks absolutely fine, baby and mom are healthy. Just make sure she's not straining herself too much and has her vitamins on time."

Shiva nodded, making a note of everything the doctor said like a checklist, as they walked back home, hand-in-hand, greeted by Suman, who looked more excited than they did.

"Photo? Kidhar hai? Aise saste mein niptaane nahi dungi. Suman Pandya hoon mai, bacche ki dadi hoon!" Suman said proudly, and maybe too loudly, immediately causing Shiva and Raavi to shush her and give her a knowing look.

Shiva took the file out, as Raavi knelt beside Suman, immediately being reprimanded until she brought out a small chair for her to sit on.

Shiva knelt beside his mother, pointing out to their baby on the screen, and Suman teared up, instantly making both of them stand and warding of all evil from their surroundings.

"Khush raho." was all she was able to say, as her children hugged her and chuckled at their very emotional mother, trying her best to keep their own little secret.

Which would be revealed in a few weeks, with Raavi letting slip and showing Rehaan pictures of his 'baby sister', who went around announcing to everyone that 'Vee chachi has small baby in tummy.'