sada hua santra (drabble)

"Raavi!" Dhara called, removing a box from her shopping bag

"Ji Dhara Di!" Raavi exited the kitchen, wiping her hands on her dupatta.

"Ye dekh mai tere liye kya laayi hu!" Dhara beamed, handing her the gift wrapped box.

Dhara and Gautam decided to buy something for everyone for Diwali, and since Raavi was the only one at home, Dhara decided to give her gift now.

"Thank you, Di!" She hurriedly said, before taking the box to keep in her room.

"Arre, size colour sab theek hai kya dekh toh le!" Dhara called out as Raavi ran and kept the box in her room.

"Abhi nahi, Di. Baadme. Meri sabzi jal jaayegi." Raavi ran back to the kitchen, before all her mehnat went down the drain.

Dhara kept all the bags in her room before going to help Raavi in the kitchen.

About 20 minutes later, Shiva came home from the store to retrieve the bills he left in his cupboard, when he saw the box on the bed

Ye kis ke liye hai? Aur humare bed pe kya kar raha hai?

He opened the box, to find some orange material, which in unravelling , was a bright orange anarkali set with sequins on it.

Shiva looked at the dress, once, twice, twisting it aage-peeche, scrunched up his nose, before tossing it onto the bed and storming to the kitchen.

Which was being cleaned up by Dhara and Raavi.

"Ae chipkali, ye kya khareeda hai tune?" Shiva irritatedly said.

"Maine kya khareeda? Maine toh kuch bhi nahi khareeda?" Raavi looked at him, confused.

"Toh woh kamre me jo orange dress padi hai, woh hawe se aayi hai kya? Kitna bakwaas lag raha hai, tere aankhe hai ki aloo? Kitni chamkeeli dress hai, cheeeee. Khareedne se pehle dekhti nahi hai kya?" Shiva argued.

"Shiva, tere dimaag me bheja hai ki bhajiya? Aaj tak mujhe orange pehente hue dekha hai? Mujhe toh orange bilkul pasand nahi." Raavi scrunched up her nose.

"Accha hai nahi pasand. Yeh pehenke tu sade hue santre se bhi zyaada waahiyat lagegi." Shiva scoffed.

"Lekin kaunse dress ki baat kar raha hai tu?" Raavi asked, frowning because what the hell is he talking about?

"Arre, woh jo orange dress padi hai, box mein. Woh." Shiva said, annoyed, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Box mein thi?" Raavi's face made an 'O' as it all made sense. "Shiva, woh maine nahi khareedi-" Raavi began to explain, but was cut-off.

"Jisne bhi khareedi hai, bohot waahiyat choice hai, please mere saamne woh dress kabhi mat pehenna. Ek kaam karte hai-" Shiva put the bottle back in the fridge and held Raavi's wrist. "Tujhe shopping leke chalta hu. Kuch dhang ke kapde khareedte hai tere liye, please."

Dragging her away from the kitchen, bickering about how she should throw away that godforsaken shiny dress, neither of them noticed Dhara's dumbfounded expressions to the gift she bought so lovingly for Raavi.

And frankly, no one cared enough to notice.