drama queen (part 1)

Dhara paced around the aangan, constantly worrying about something, when Shiva stepped out of his room.

"Shiva, Raavi kaha hai? Usne kaha tha 12 baje tak aa jayegi, raat ke 1 baj rahe hai! Tujhe uski chinta nahi ho rahi kya?" She asked, worried.

"Bhabhi, aap tension kyu le rahe ho? Woh apne friend ke bachelorette party mein gayi hai. Aapse usne 12 baje kaha hoga, par usne mujhe kaha tha 2-3 baj jaayenge aane mein." Shiva said, shutting Dhara up. "Aap so jaao, woh aa jayegi. Zyaada se zyaada, jaake usko pick up kar lunga der ho gaya toh. Woh khud phone kar legi mujhe."

Dhara ignored his words and picked up her phone to call Raavi, but she wasn't answering. More like declining the call.

"Phone nahi utha rahi."

"Mai keh raha hoon, usko enjoy karne do na! Kyu uske peeche haath dhoke pade ho aap?" Shiva sighed. She was his wife, she wasn't a kid and she can handle herself.

Maybe not after a few drinks, but they were at the bride's villa, so there was nothing to worry about.

Just then, the bell to the house rang, and Dhara ran to open it.

A girl walked in, one arm around Raavi's waist and Raavi's arm on the girl's shoulder.

Raavi? She was smiling, and singing something incoherent and loudly, heels in her hand but still stumbling in her steps.

"Raavi?" Shiva walked towards her immediately, waist around her waist as he took Raavi's weight on him, her leaning against him, and the girl sighed in relief.

"Bhoothnaaaathhhh! Hiiiiiiii !! " Raavi sang, showing all her teeth and giggling.

"Oye Meera, chadh gayi kya isko?" Shiva asked the girl, and she nodded.

"Thoda zyaada pi li isne, Samu ne apne shaadi ke khushi mein sabko itni pilayi..."

"Tum kaise leke aayi isko?" Dhara asked, wondering if she was drunk.

"Mai nahi peeti. Aur sirf mein leke aa paati. Baaki sab bhand hai, aur Raavi ghar aane ki zidd kar rahi thi. Toh..." Meera shifted in her place.

"Thank you." Shiva stated, catching hold of Raavi again as she stumbled.

Meera nodded and left, but the havoc Raavi was creating with her off-key singing awoke everyone but Suman.

"Shiva! Mera shonaaaa!" Raavi slurred and put her arms around his neck, giggling.

Shiva looked at her, eyes widened, gaping at what she just called him and looked around to confirm he heard that right.

The look on everyone's blank faces said that he had, indeed, heard it right. Did she just say 'shona'?

"Ae mere bhai," Krish asked in disbelief, "tu kabse babu shona khelne lag gaya Raavi bhabhi ke saath?"

"Ek kheench ke maarunga tujhe, chup!" Shiva yelled at Krish, before looking at Raavi. "Ae gadhedhi, kya bake jaa rahi hai?" He whisper-yelled.

"Apne pati ke saath flirt kar rahi hoon. Thodu sa," She pinched her fingers together, "thodu sa attention maang rahi hoon. Kanjoos, woh bhi nahi deta."

Drunk Raavi spoke a lot of things that Sober Raavi would never. Because Shiva had never heard her demand attention when she was in her senses.

"Ae chipkali, kitne bottle gatak liya tune, jo aise behki behki baatein kar rahi hai?" He asked her gruffly, shaking her harshly, and she smiled in response.

"4 bottle vodka, kaam mera roz ka, something something nanananana" Raavi sang, waving her hand in the air.

He had to be gentle with her. This was not going to work.