The fall and rise of a king

When Godzilla finally woke he found himself in a strange place. He knew that he was no longer on the island. Godzilla had been on that island for so long that he knew what every part of it looked like. What he saw looked nothing like any of it.
Thinking back Godzilla tried to remember what happened. He remembered that after getting a taste of that strange energy he left the island to find more. Trying to find more lead him to another island. That's when he remembered getting attacked and beaten.
Remembering all of this Godzilla was pretty sure that the man who attacked him with lightning was the one that brought him here. That still left the question of where here is unanswered. Godzilla eventually stopped carrying about that because to him it didn't matter. It didn't matter where he was because he would eventually find his way back to the island.
With that decided Godzilla rose to his feet to start heading home. When he did he began to hear a voice speaking to him. The voice sounded like it was coming from everywhere at one. Bouncing off of all the rock walls and ceiling that made up the place he was at.

???: I know what you're thinking and you might as well give up because you will never leave.

The voice spoke to Godzilla in the ancient monster language. This is the first time someone has ever done that with him. To bad what he said really made Godzilla mad. Who was this voice to tell him what he could and couldn't do.

Godzilla: you don't control me, if I won't to leave I will!

???: that's were you're wrong because I do control you. Here in my pit I control everything and I'm in charge of everyone. So no, you can't leave.

Godzilla: I won't be controlled by anyone who is so scared he hides behind walls of mere rock!

After hearing that the being appeared before Godzilla. In terms of size the being was much bigger then Godzilla. This didn't scare him though. All it did was show Godzilla who his enemy was. His size was of no concern.

Tartarus: I am Tartarus and you are in my pit.

Godzilla: I don't care who you are! Stand in my way and you'll die!

Tartarus: try as much as you like, you won't be able to kill me.

Godzilla: will see about that!

Godzilla charged forward at Tartarus. When he got within range though he was easily swept to the side like he was nothing. After hitting the ground he immediately got back up.

Tartarus: I'm impressed that you were able to get up again but even so you will still lose.

Godzilla: shut up!

Godzilla charged at Tartarus again and again he was swept to the side. This didn't stop Godzilla though as he continued to keep getting back up. No matter how many time his attacks failed he would continue to attack again.
Tartarus was impressed with Godzilla. His unwavering ferocity was quite amusing to the primordial. Still though he wasn't going to be able to do anything to him.

Tartarus: you might as well stop. I am far stronger then you are.

Godzilla: shut up!

When Godzilla yield something happened that neither He nor Tartarus was prepared for. The fins that had grown on Godzilla's back began to glow blue. Then without warning a beam of blue energy shot from Godzilla's mouth. Uncontrolled the beam began to destroy a lot of the pit. Then the beam went in Tartarus's direction. Still surprised by what was happening he was caught off guard and hit by the blue beam.
It was surprising to say the lest, while the attack didn't hurt him it was actually able to sting Tartarus. Not a painful sting but a sting none the less.

Tartarus mind: that energy, it felt like atomic energy. Zeus told me that he was a god of nature so how can he do an attack like that? This is starting to get interesting.

Godzilla eventually brought the attack under control and stopped it. When he did his fins on his back stopped glowing. The only trace that he did that attack was the left over blue energy in his breath. That eventually went away as well.

Godzilla mind: what was that?

Tartarus: what was that attack?

Godzilla: I don't know.

Tartarus: you don't know? Well it doesn't matter anyway given that it didn't even scratch me. Are you ready to give up?

Godzilla: never!

Tartarus: I figured. Then come at me, if you can beat me then I will let you leave.

Hearing that Godzilla charged at Tartarus. With all of the fury that he could muster Godzilla attacked. Just like before though it didn't matter. In terms of strength Tartarus was far above him. Still Godzilla attacked and continued to attack until he was eventually knocked out.
While unconscious Tartarus stood over the god. It was fascinating. Not many gods would fight a primordial but this one did without any fear. Why would Zeus want such a powerful ally to be locked in Tartarus. That's when it hit him.

Tartarus: so Zeus fears that you will take his thrown from him. To be honest I really don't care about all of that. Fighting you even though you are so much weaker then me has been the most fun I've had down here in a long time. Wake up soon Godzilla because I want to keep having this much fun.

And they did. When Godzilla finally woke up they began there fight again. The two continued there fight for years. Each day they fought Tartarus could tell that Godzilla was growing stronger.
As he grew in strength he grew in size. This continued on until Godzilla reached the height of 119 meters. He also now weighed 90,000 tons.
This was the biggest that Godzilla got with the nuclear energy from Japan. At this size he was now much stronger then Tartarus and they both knew it. Now the two stood across from one another.

Tartarus: I know you'll win this fight but I also can't just let you leave.

Godzilla: this will be the last fight.

Tartarus: make it count.

With that the two charged at one another. The clash between them was enough to shack the entire pit. Ever single monster around was running in fear of these two. There battle was intense but not long lasting. Godzilla had won.

Tartarus: when you first fell in you were weak but now you are strong, strong enough to leave. I won't stop you anymore.

Godzilla could finally leave. After growing in strength he is able to return to the surface world. Godzilla can return home.