Return of the King

Tartarus watched as Godzilla began to make his way towards the exit of the his pit. Godzilla given his massive size managed to reach the door to the mortal world in no time at all. There was only one thing keeping him from leaving though. That was the fact that he was to big.
In terms of size Godzilla was far bigger then any monster that exists in the pit. Because of this the door to the mortal world was to small for him. It's funny how in order to leave he had to get stronger. That strength came with size and now that he is strong enough to leave he is to big to fit through the door.
Seeing how close he was only to be stopped by his size made him angry. In his anger Godzilla let a massive fear inducing roar. This roar was strong enough that it shook the pit itself. The monsters that were already heading through the door picked up the pace when they heard it.

Tartarus: it would seem that you have yourself a bit of a problem. Why you don't just change your appearance to fit through the door is beyond me.

Godzilla: you can't just change what you look like.

Tartarus: maybe others can't but beings like us can.

Godzilla: like us? What do you mean like us?

Tartarus: do you not know what you are?

Godzilla: I am Godzilla, that's who I am.

Tartarus: yes but Godzilla is more then just a name, it's your true nature.

Godzilla: I don't understand.

Tartarus: you are a God.

Godzilla didn't know how to respond to this information. Truth be told he really didn't understand what a God even was. All his life all he knew was the island. All he knew was survival by any means.

Godzilla: I don't care.

Tartarus: what?

Godzilla: weather I am a God or not I don't care. All I won't is to go home. To do so I had to get bigger and stronger. Now that I am I can't fit through the door to leave.

Tartarus: yes you can.

Godzilla: what?

Tartarus: I already told you that you were a God. Gods can change there appearances at will. If you just focus then you should be able to as well.

Godzilla: how do you know?

Tartarus: as a primordial I've been around awhile, trust me I know.

Godzilla couldn't think of any reason as to way Tartarus would lie to him about this. Plus over the many years that they have been fighting Godzilla had come to trust Tartarus oddly enough. With nothing to lose Godzilla began to focus. At first he really didn't know what to try a change into. Then it came to him.
Godzilla remembered when things started to change for him. When he first began to grow stronger. He began to remember the people that he protected on the island. Remembering them Godzilla began to shrink in size.
Godzilla's appearance began to change as well. He continued to shrink and morph into a completely different person. Eventually his change was complete. Godzilla was now a six foot tall man with a lean muscular build and his skin was on the paler side. His eyes were solid black along his hair hair that was completely unruly and went all the way down to his calves. The only thing he had on was a ripped up lower half of a toga.

Tartarus: see I told you that you could do it. Although I would suggest different clothes.

Godzilla: why?

Tartarus: I'm sure you'll figure it out for yourself later.

Godzilla: whatever, the important thing is that now I can leave this pit and go home.

Tartarus: listen you were put in here for a reason and you've only gotten stronger since then.

Godzilla: what was the reason?

Tartarus: fear, he feared you that's why you are here.

Godzilla: the man with the lightning?

Tartarus: yes.

Godzilla: who is he?

Tartarus: that's not important, just know that he is a God that feared what you could do. Now that you are stronger.........

Godzilla: good.

Tartarus: what?

Godzilla: he should be afraid of me.

Tartarus: just be careful, you are getting another chance so I would hate to see you down here anytime soon.

Godzilla: as strong as I am if I do come back I wouldn't be here for long.

Tartarus: you have a point.

Godzilla: well I'm leaving now. Goodbye my friend.

Tartarus: goodbye Godzilla.

With there goodbyes said Godzilla makes his way through the door to the mortal world. When he came out the other end he had no idea where he was at. That didn't matter to him though. It didn't matter where in the world Godzilla was he could find his way home.
He never could explain it but Godzilla always knew where he was going. He may not know the names of the places but he knew where they were. It was like a sixth sense that he had.
Finding the nearest body of water Godzilla dives in making his way home. As if he was apart of the water itself he shot threw the it at an incredible speed. As he did he gained the attention of many of the water spirits and even some of the minor water Gods. None of them got in his way however. They felt his power. What scared them though was the fact that it was suppressed.
Eventually Godzilla made it to the ocean. When he did he made a beeline towards the island at even greater speeds. He eventually arrived in no time at all making it on to the island. What he saw though shocked him to the core.

Godzilla: what happened?

In the years that Godzilla had been in Tartarus his island was used for nuclear testings. Now his and the surrounding islands were completely destroyed. Godzilla could feel the faint traces of radiation still on the island. Being able to guess what happened he feel to his knees.
He was mad but not at man or even at the bombs. No he was mad at himself. If he hadn't been so weak he would have never been thrown into Tartarus. He would have been able to protect his island. His rage continued to build until he let out a roar filled with so much anger.
The roar he let out could be felt by all deities. They could feel the divine energy being let out by the roar. It felt as if nature itself was letting out its fury. Tartarus didn't want the other Gods to know about Godzilla. It's to late though. They may not know it's him but they do know he's out there. The true king of monsters has returned.