Chapter 9: Never Say Goodbye

~*No distance is too great
For your memory will live on
Let me live in this sweetness of your heart
You and I will live . . . will live on in our dreams
Never . . . Never Say Goodbye*~ (Farewell Trance- Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna)

~Metropolis/October 11, 2003~

Sunlight streamed through the windows in Oliver’s spacious bedroom. Clark winced as the bright lights hit him. Normally, he loved the sunlight, summer was his favorite season. But right now, he just wanted to sleep for a few more hours.

He shifted and stopped when he heard a moan next to him. Peeking under the covers, he couldn’t stop the smile that came up when he saw the sight that greeted him. Because there was no better feeling then waking up to a very naked Oliver Queen.

Who was currently snuggled under the blankets, his head barely touching the pillow, looking absolutely at peace. Clark rested against his pillow and watched him sleep. Last night had been incredible.

Clark had been worried about hurting him with his super strength at first but Oliver had been so patient and wonderful. At least in the beginning. After they got used to each other, they were able to do things that until then, Clark had only dreamed of. Oliver had a place in Metropolis so they didn’t have to worry about being discreet at some hotel.

His first time sleeping with a man. A man that he was quickly falling for. Clark knew he had said feelings were no longer part of the deal but he didn’t know if he could stop himself. He was falling too hard, too fast for Oliver.

Oliver, who was now awake and looking at him curiously. “Good morning.” Clark said softly.

“A good morning indeed,” Oliver agreed. “Been awake long?”

“Not very long.” Clark admitted.

“And you were what, watching me sleep?” Oliver teased and smiled when he saw the light blush on Clark’s face. “You were!”

“You look gorgeous when you sleep.” Clark admitted. He was taking a big risk with his emotions but he figured it would be well worth it. All those years of hiding how he felt had never gotten him anywhere. The worst Oliver could do was laugh.

But Oliver wasn’t laughing. He was observing him. “Is this a dream?” Oliver asked.

”If it is,” Clark replied, leaning in for a kiss, “I never want to wake up.” His lips met Oliver’s in a brief kiss.

A cell phone ringing had them both jumping back.

“It’s your phone.” Clark said immediately.

Oliver groaned, annoyed but got up and went to answer it. Seeing him wandering around naked made Clark want to drag him back to bed but he refrained. There would be plenty of time for that later.

Oliver was putting on his clothes and leaving the room to take the call. Relaxing back into the bed, Clark allowed his hearing to wander, curious about the call.

“I told you to call me only if it’s an emergency.” He heard Oliver say, his tone full of impatience. He listened on and off to the conversation and from what he could tell, Oliver was growing more frustrated by the second.

A few minutes into the call, he decided to stop eavesdropping and closed his eyes. He didn’t know how long he was lying there but just as he was drifting off, he heard footsteps, waking him up again.

Oliver had returned and didn’t look pleased. Something told him that their conversation was not going to be a good one.

“Hey,” he said, “You okay?”