Chapter 10: Oliver Queen VS. Lana Lang

Over the next couple of days, he did his best to keep his mind off Oliver

Over the next couple of days, he did his best to keep his mind off Oliver. Which wasn’t as difficult as he thought it would be, with a new problem immediately coming to his attention. It all started out when he found a kid in his kitchen. Turned out the kid’s name was Javier and he worked on his neighbor’s farm, owned by a man named Jed McNally.

Clark was stunned to learn that McNally was bringing in illegal immigrants and forcing them to work on his farm. He knew Mr. McNally all his life and couldn’t believe the man would stoop so low. But he focused on helping the kid, who was searching for his friend and trying to reconnect with his mother.

It wasn’t easy. They had to survive a surprise visit from the Deputy but he managed to miss Javier on his search. But that’s how his mother found out what he was doing. She was not too pleased but Clark pointed out that he was the biggest illegal immigrant of them all and she had been storing him for over seventeen years.

He had searched for clues everywhere and it was difficult to speak to the farm workers, as they didn’t speak English. But someone finally translated for him and when he looked into the ground, he saw hundreds of bodies. All the people who tried to escape lost their lives and Clark couldn’t help but think how lucky Javier was to get out.

He had brought in Jimmy and Chloe, both who were too happy to help out. Chloe found out that McNally must’ve been a meteor freak and that Luthorcorp had rights to the land.

When he found out Luthorcorp was involved, he immediately rushed off to see Lex. Which, in retrospect may have not been the best idea, but he had done it anyway. Unfortunately, he had come away with nothing.

In the end, everything worked out, as it always seemed to. Chloe and Jimmy found Javier’s mother and his own mother was working to make sure they gained citizenship. He had managed to stop McNally as well.

He had had a weird conversation with Jimmy but that had been an amusing break from all the drama that was going on. It was a bit strange that Jimmy thought he had feelings for Chloe but then again, after all the time they spent together, he really couldn’t blame him. But he really hoped Chloe cleared the air because he truly did think Jimmy was a good guy. He had never seen Chloe happier and he wanted to keep it that way.

Clark couldn’t help the smile on his face when he remembered Javier’s reunion with his mother. He didn’t know how the two managed for as long as they did. If he had to be without his mom, he would go insane.

He was working in the barn, his thoughts occasionally drifting, when footsteps caused him to look up. It was Lana.

“Clark?” Lana said.