First Day

"Well said, Rimuru."

"Eh?"

***

The class stared at the being that was apparently their teacher. The black-haired man just stared at them, before finally getting up.

"...took you guys 8 seconds to shut up. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough."

Everyone was confused at first. But, the realization kicked in soon after.

So he's our teacher?— thought Izuku.

"My name's Shota Aizawa, nice to meet you."

Aizawa then reaches in his yellow sleeping bag and pulls out gym clothes. The ones from U.A. specifically.

"I know this is a bit sudden, but put this on and go out on the field."

Once they were where Aizawa wanted them to be, some of the students asked a question that was lingering on their minds.

"Excuse me, Aizawa-sensei."

"Yes?"

"Don't we have an orientation to go to?"

Aizawa then sighs and looks away from the students.

"Look, if you wanna be a pro hero, trivial things like those aren't worth your time. This is one of the main points of U.A."

Aizawa reaches in his pocket, "We get to teach our classes however we want." He pulls out a phone, "You guys did this too, in Junior High, right? Physical Fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks."

He explains how irrational the current ways of the country about taking the student's averages are. 

"Rimuru, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?"

"Yes, that I did." 

"In Junior High, what was your best result on throwing a softball without a quirk?"

Aizawa-sensei asked me a question that was difficult to answer.

"In Junior High, what was your best result on throwing a softball without a quirk?"

I mean. How am I supposed to answer that! I never went to any Junior Highs! Plus, I can feel someone staring with murderous intent.

"Tch..."

Oh, speak of the devil.

"Rimuru?"

"A-ah, Uhm..."

Crap.

<<Tell him you threw it for 120 meters.>>

Whatever you say!

"120 meters."

At that, most of my classmates were either showing shocked faces or were agape. Aizawa-sensei seemed to have the same reaction, for a slight moment.

Ciel!!!

"Very well, let's see what you can do with your quirk. Don't hold back."

Eh, are you serious?

"...what's wrong? I really meant it when I said don't hold back."

My face probably had a look of doubt, but Aizawa-sensei paid no mind to it.

"What's the hold-up, you scared?" 

That provocative tone... Katsuki Bakugou was it? Izuku told me about him, and I can see why Izuku feels the way he does toward him.