Arc 3 - Chapter 28

Monoma was in awe the moment he met Rimuru. Nobody wanted to let their quirks be copied, especially by another competitor. But Rimuru had voluntarily let Monoma copy his quirk. Rimuru's beauty alone gave Monoma the impression that Rimuru was someone out of this world, but this act of letting him copy his quirk without a second thought further solidified this impression.

In a way, he had retained those first impressions for a while since starting school. He was unfortunately assigned to Class 1-B, but Rimuru was in Class 1-A.

He thought at the time that "It was meant to be". He expected it to be this way, and yet...

"Shut up! Crossdressing pervert!" 

"Come on Kacchan! Rimuru was just trying to invite you to eat out with us!"

"I don't care! I'm going home."

"Kacchan—"

"It's okay, Izuku. If he doesn't want to, let's not bother him."

The other people in Class 1-A were not worthy to be in that class... no, Rimuru's class.

So when Monoma saw Rimuru's headband flying in his direction and Bakugo chasing after it from a distance, he instantly knew what to do.

"Tsuburaba, Kaibara, Kuroiro, run left now!"

Although they were confused, they followed Monoma's orders immediately. They were still confronting Todoroki's team, but Monoma decided to screw it and take the headband.

"Ah-ah~ not on my watch."

Monoma caught the headband that was flying in his direction.

"This doesn't belong to you, Class 1-A mongrel."

"What did you say?!"

Bakugo wasn't immediately trying to attack them, despite Monoma's provocation. If they confront Bakugo here, there's the risk of team Todoroki attacking from behind them.

"Run for it!" Monoma was quite clear with his intentions. Despite being in an unsavory position, he still had the gall to smile so callously.

Bakugo chased after them, "Come back here! That headband is mine!" He released an explosion toward the fleeing group of Monoma and co. 

Unexpectedly, Bakugo released a far more incredible explosion than he had intended. It was too late when he realized this. This could very well lead to his team's disqualification.

"What are you doing?!" Todoroki put up an Ice Wall to take the explosion on. If he hadn't done that, then Bakugo would be facing the risk of disqualification now. Not to mention Monoma and co would be severely injured.

"I don't know! Something's off with my power!"

"What!? And here I thought you had full control over it! That doesn't matter, they're getting away. After them!"

They proceeded to chase after Monoma and the others just as Todoroki said. However, time was running out, and it was going down fast. 

"Three minutes left! Hoo boy! This is getting intense! The spotlight's all on that 10M headband, and who'll end up with it in the end!"

"It looks to me that Monoma's team might get away with it. If they avoid everyone for 3 minutes straight that is."

Bakugo and Todoroki slowly cornered Monoma's team as they tried their best to run away. But, each time they'd get close—

"Bakugo! Don't fire so randomly! You'll trip us both!"

"I told you already, I don't know why this is happening!"