Arc 3 - Chapter 27

Bakugo had never felt so humiliated before.

"Bakugo! Do you have what it takes to beat us? Show me what you've got!" Rimuru had declared so. 

Just like Deku, Rimuru gave off the same feeling of being looked down upon. Him being himself would absolutely never allow that to fly. In Bakugo's eyes, the flames that Rimuru had created using the sparks of his explosion were negligible.

Why? Because fire could fight with fire.

"Bakugo! Switch with me!" Todorki yelled out.

Something within Bakugo started to move like clockwork. 

In response, Bakugo dismissed Todorki's call. "No! If we move now, we'll only be caught up in Rimuru's power."

"What are you saying?! At this rate, we won't be able to beat Rimuru!"

"I know that so shut your trap! I'll find a way somehow."

Stop being so stubborn and get away!— Was what Todoroki initially thought. But seeing Bakugo's next move stunned Rimuru and the surrounding onlookers.

"Wah?! You're taking me on head-on?!" Rimuru was surprised. But Deku was smiling below him. Deku knew this was what Bakugo would do.

"Just because you have a slightly bigger fire tornado doesn't mean I'll cower!"

Was he an idiot or was he brave? No one could answer definitively. But regardless, Bakugo successfully put himself back in a position to compete.

Bakugo swiped at Rimuru's headband but Rimuru dodged it with ease. This didn't discourage Bakugo, as he kept aggressively trying to take away Rimuru's headband. Tokoyami tried to deny Bakugo such close contact at first but was stopped by Sero's tape.

Uraraka could only do so much, she wasn't used to such an aggressive barrage of attacks. Meanwhile, Deku was trying to protect Tokoyami from Kirishima attacking his blindsides.

Everything was focused on Bakugo trying to steal the 10 million points from Rimuru's forehead. Every punch and swipe Bakugo tried to deliver, was met with parries and counters. Bakugo tried to use a bluff, but Rimuru caught his right arm for the real blow. Bakugo couldn't help but notice how strong Rimuru was.

"Tch! How strong is your body?! You feel nothing like how you look!"

"Oh my god, the phrasing! But man, what an intense battle! The entire cavalry battle has been overshadowed by these two teams alone!"

"...Ignore it. And don't even comment on it in the first place."

Present Mic and Aizawa pointed out Bakugo's ridiculous phrasing.

"But hey, now that I think about it, it's only weird if you think it's weird."

"......"

As the battle was getting heated, some other teams started to move. After all, most of them wouldn't be able to pass just by looking at others fighting.

Todoroki was planning on assisting Bakugo's team. And as they were rapidly approaching Team Rimuru's rear, another group suddenly interrupted them.

"Oops! Ahahaha, my bad, my bad. You were planning on doing a pincer attack, weren't you? We truly didn't intend to get in your way, but now that you're in front of us we have no choice but to fight don't we?"

It was Monoma who had arrogantly stopped Team Todoriki in its tracks.

"...Move," Todorki said so flatly.

Monoma put his hands next to his ears, "Hmm? What was that? I'm afraid I can't hear you."

"Then I'll make you."