Arc 3 - Chapter 31

[Note: I don't remember how things went down on the matchings, so I'll use the second most powerful skill an author has. "Improvised nonsense".]

***

Tomura Shigaraki, a villain captured by the students Rimuru Tempest and Izuku Midoriya. Izuku was unconscious when they were found, so they only heard Rimuru's side of the story. 

"I'm telling you, I'm not telling shit!"

Shigaraki was refusing to cooperate like always. Well, this type of behavior was expected. After all, this man was suspected of being connected to a more notorious villain. Further investigation was needed. The other villains are also the same, refusing to say anything.

"I'm telling you, Toshinori, you shouldn't be too hasty."

An old voice came from All Might's phone.

"Master... I know. I just wanted to ask, why are you helping with the interrogation? I can hear Shigaraki's screams in the background."

"...." 

The phone was silent.

"It's a matter that also concerns you. Toshinori."

All Might grew anxious after hearing his master's words. His heart preparing for whatever would come next. In truth, All Might knew what his master was gonna say next. Shigaraki's background was already dug up after weeks of investigation.

"It seems like Tomura Shigaraki... is your Predecessor's grandson."

The room was silent. The atmosphere was dark and gloomy. Rimuru and Izuku had just left to go see the brackets of the final competition.

"I understand. I will see this through, Gran Torino."

"...I'm not saying you should dive headfirst again. But, I believe you should also rely on those around you before you do anything rash."

"I won't. Knowing Shigaraki's background doesn't change a thing. What matters is who's behind him. I will follow through until the very end. And besides, I've received a huge blessing in the form of my successor and his companion."

"It seems so." 

The phone call ended. Despite his suspicions finally being confirmed, his will and determination remain the same. All Might was only thinking of how to make things right and how he could atone for his incompetence. Shigaraki being connected to a Villain organization means that he lacked enough power to save him. He's not even considering the fact that he didn't even know Shigaraki existed. 

"I swear on my life, I will put a stop to you, All For One!"

***

It's not long before the matches are announced. I'm glad Izuku got to talk with All Might before this. He was quite startled after running into both Todoroki and Bakugo at the same time.

"Well, relax Deku, it's not like we're gonna get matched against them or anything—"

I regretted saying those words as the next few matches were revealed.

"Izuku Midoriya vs Shoto Todoroki and Rimuru Tempest against Tenya Iida!"

***

Tenya Iida stood alone on the stage, preparing his last rites as he looked at the sky. He had never once thought he would be so helpless in the face of another student, no matter if they were recognized to be powerful or not. 

But the student in front of him was something else. Rimuru stood at the top of the food chain in terms of raw power. Rimuru belonged to the likes of All Might and Endeavor in his eyes. a true powerhouse.